Shine going straight away

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kirstybellax

Reaction score
Hi what am I doing wrong ? Soon as I wipe after doing gel nails the shine goes and nails look so so dull

Wiping too soon, let the nails cool for 60 seconds. Thats assuming you are correctly curing the product as per manufacturers recommendations

Also, are you wiping with a proper top coat cleanser? Are you curing with the lamp that belongs to the system you use?

When the gels don't cure properly, they will dull. BTW, its very hard to cure gels properly. So even if you buy 100 LED lamps, youre not going to cure it properly. To cure it properly, you need specific knowledge.

When the gels don't cure properly, they will dull. BTW, its very hard to cure gels properly. So even if you buy 100 LED lamps, youre not going to cure it properly. To cure it properly, you need specific knowledge.

Which is why it's essential to use professional products from a trustworthy source and to use the correct lamp that the brand recommend. If the products are applied correctly and cured for the specific time then there is no reason why it shouldn't cure. We do not all need to be chemists to be able to cure nails!

Yep I have been trained in specific knowledge to cure nails properly and I’m sure I’m doing it right

Also, are you wiping with a proper top coat cleanser? Are you curing with the lamp that belongs to the system you use?

My lamp is elite99 and I’m using cco gel

My lamp is elite99 and I’m using cco gel
I think that's where your problem lies. As mentioned above, you firstly need to use the correct lamp for your gel system to guarantee a proper cure, so if you are using CCO you should use their lamp. im not at all familiar with CCO, but I do know Elite99 aren't a professional brand and eBay seem to sell quite a lot of different lamps claiming to be Elite99 lamps - it looks as though they are just generic lamps with an Elite99 logo on so there's no way of knowing if each one will actually even cure Elite99 gel! There's some very informative threads under the Nail section explaining why it's so important to use the correct lamp and also the very real dangers of using non professional products to ourselves and our clients. It honestly isn't just brand snobbery - there are some excellent reasonably priced professional brands out there that offer a fantastic choice of colours etc x

Latest posts

Back