Short of Cash........

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

star girl

Reaction score
Hi

Im looking for advice! Im a bit short of cash this month and can't afford to spend the usual £100 I spend on getting my hair trimmed and highlighted, I was thinking of going to be a hair model somewhere, do you think it is safe to do so?? (wouldn't have a clue where to go!!) I dont mind paying some money!! If anyone knows anywhere in the Braintree/Chelmsford/Colchester area or if anyone needs a model??

Thanks for your help!:)

You could have a word with your local college, as many do hairdressing courses and offer cheap hair styling and colour (although it would be a student doing the styling/colour, they are usually under supervision by a tutor - and they normally reach a good standard of proficiency before being let loose on the general public too lol).

In addition, many salons often advertise for models, so you may be able to get a discounted treatment that way (often if a new stylist has joined the team, they will offer a discounted price).

Then you might also be interested in the salon guinea pig website Salon Guinea Pig - Find models for practising hair, beauty and nails treatments, college courses, training courses, competitions, etc.

As ruth said most colleges do hairdressing and you can never argue with the prices!!! And most if the students are supervised and guided by tutors, I'm a student and have my hair done by 2nd year students and I'm really picky over my hair and I have to say they do an excellent job!

Latest posts

Back