Should I have given her money back

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's difficult to do blonde with any warm colours- you should've stuck with your instincts and taken them out one by one, rinsing each one- as I was not there, it's difficult to say. I find Demi/quasai colours are much much better for these sorts of things, and the best thing ever do prevent colour bleeding is rinsing with FREEZING water until the water is as clear as you think it will go. Wella is an amazing company, with a huge selection of colours, I think wella is very good personally, but goldwell would be easier to use if you're starting out, just be careful with ash colours in goldwell-they can go green. The best thing for you, is to continue to go to a salon and watch-listen in on consultations. You don't neccecerally have to do much, you could ask a local salon if you can just simply sit in a corner and watch as you're training. I don't think block heads are ideal for training. Post a few adds online, state that you're training and do them in your days off in your own time for little to free if a cut, or for the cost of the colour until you get your bearings and then slowly raise them. get in contact with a rep from a colour company and arrange to do some courses- learning cutting on your own is particularly difficult. Sam villa YouTube is not the best place to go for people learning to cut, their techniques are advanced, and thatblondegirlmandie is also not a good one for cutting as she gets graduation in all her one lengths and doesn't realise it. Guy tang is amazing for colours, and April hair 101 is one of the better ones for colour, there are also Facebook groups that are amazing for advice, the friendliest by far is Olaplex users. :) stick to it, it will take a lot of time, and you'll want to give up several times along the journey, but stick to it, that'll set you appart from the regular hairdressers
Yes I love guy tang, I can't find any groups on fb, must be putting he wrong searches in.
I will look at that oplaplex one, that stuff is good..
yes wella is a good make, I think it's the best for blondes so far that I've used. Have you heard of velvasilk it's ment to be the exact same as wella, but a lot cheaper, I would say it's good for fashion colours or browns, but the blondes are to dull.
I do need to advertise myself, I'm one of them people who thinks I'm rubbish, people tell me I'm not but it's hard to think good of yourself..
there is a wella learning on YouTube which is quite good.

Yes I love guy tang, I can't find any groups on fb, must be putting he wrong searches in.
I will look at that oplaplex one, that stuff is good..
yes wella is a good make, I think it's the best for blondes so far that I've used. Have you heard of velvasilk it's ment to be the exact same as wella, but a lot cheaper, I would say it's good for fashion colours or browns, but the blondes are to dull.
I do need to advertise myself, I'm one of them people who thinks I'm rubbish, people tell me I'm not but it's hard to think good of yourself..
there is a wella learning on YouTube which is quite good.
Thanks for the suggestion, but I won't be using it, as it contains silk among other animal derived ingredients, the group for wella is 'Wella hairstylists' and Olaplex is 'Olaplex users' keep at it! I'm sure your work is amazing !

Latest posts

Back