Should i open my own salon?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

franky2523

Reaction score
Hi everyone, i am a Beauty Therapist/ Nail Tech and iv been quailified for around a year now, i am thinking of opening my own salon maybe early next year? i was hopinf for some advice from salon owners and beauty proffesionals on whether or not you think i should go ahead? the reason i am having doubts is that my brother and my boryfriend both have their own businesses and say i should wait at least another 3 years for more experience and that should have a client basis, do you think they are rite and i should wait or should i go ahead?
Thanx Franky

I don't think anyone else can advise you on what to do as so much depends on your personal circumstances.
I know that I wouldn't have been able to open and run a salon a year after I qualified. I thought I knew it all, but in hindsight, I didn't.

I don't think anyone else can advise you on what to do as so much depends on your personal circumstances.
I know that I wouldn't have been able to open and run a salon a year after I qualified. I thought I knew it all, but in hindsight, I didn't.

Totally agree. I have been a Beauty Therapist for 10 years and i know that i am still not ready to open a salon. Apparantly 80% of business's fail within the first year! And its only if you get past the 3 year mark that you know you may have a chance of survival!

A good place to start would be attending a local business start up course (there should be one local to you) they help with everything from marketing, to advertising, to book keeping and accounts, and most importantly, your business plan!

Hope this helps xx

Latest posts

Back