Should I stick to P&W?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laurab71

Reaction score
Seen one of my clients in passing today, she was in a sandwich shop. Well she is due have her infills done on Saturday, but I noticed she didn`t have any nails on. I phoned her to see if she still wants me to come, but I have had no reply.

I am wondering if clients don`t like the pink part of the nails?

I do have at least 10 regulars who have extensions & they have regular infills, but when some new ones cancel, it makes me wonder why.

One cancelled the other week & when I asked her why, she said she had no problem with them, she just got fed up with them. They were fine, she just took them off. I wonder also if they are leaving it too long for infills ( 3 wks )? I follow exactly the same routine with all of them.

I don`t get much feedback, so it leaves me puzzled. I think I might stick to clear powder, just like the salons do. I think the pink is all new to them, infact, I know it is.

My question is, sometimes a few weeks later, the pink seems to have gone a bit darker. Is this quite common, or is there something I should know. And why may this happen? Any suggestions please?
Laura.x.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would'nt worry about clients not coming back if you see them with no nails on, lots of people have their nails done for a one off special occasion or simply just don't like the feel of them. If you have many clients that are happy and coming back then you must be doing fine. Why don't you do 2 sample nails on a tip so that you can show them the difference between the pink and clear. My clients all prefer different looks, some of them just don't like the pink, it also depends on the appearance of their own nails. Also, it depends on the way your client looks after their nails and their own nail growth as to how often they should come back. I know some of mine should come in every two weeks and I tell them but they don't. I'm not sure why the pink would look darker, what system are you using? x

Last edited:
Most ladies love Pink & white ... I do not think that is the problem.

It is hard when mobile to get feedback as you say. Phoning and asking is one way. Another way is to always get clients' email address if you can. In this way, as a mobile you can send out notices of special offers etc and have some regular communication with clients.

If the colour of the enhancements is changing then it could be down to product quality or some sort of staining on the surface (tea smoking etc).

As for rebalance frequency ... 3 weeks is fine for some, 2 weeks is better for others depending on the growth rate of the nails and how they are treating their enhancements at home, work and play!! You have to get to know your clients to assess the RB time frame successfully.

I am using CND ( love it !!!) & i did over exaggerate a bit ladies. Only one of my regulars nails goes a bit dark & i think it may just be as geeg said, the smoking & maybe the working enviroment she works it. Others are ok.
I feel abit better knowing others have clients that come and go, saying that though, it isn`t very good for the confidence when they don`t always return. Even if they say the nails were ok, i always think something has gone badly wrong.
Thanks ladies for the help,i will just have to get used to things like this happening. And i think i will stick with the pink.
Laura.x.:lol:

Seen one of my clients in passing today, she was in a sandwich shop. Well she is due have her infills done on Saturday, but I noticed she didn`t have any nails on. I phoned her to see if she still wants me to come, but I have had no reply.

I am wondering if clients don`t like the pink part of the nails?

I do have at least 10 regulars who have extensions & they have regular infills, but when some new ones cancel, it makes me wonder why.

One cancelled the other week & when I asked her why, she said she had no problem with them, she just got fed up with them. They were fine, she just took them off. I wonder also if they are leaving it too long for infills ( 3 wks )? I follow exactly the same routine with all of them.

I don`t get much feedback, so it leaves me puzzled. I think I might stick to clear powder, just like the salons do. I think the pink is all new to them, infact, I know it is.

My question is, sometimes a few weeks later, the pink seems to have gone a bit darker. Is this quite common, or is there something I should know. And why may this happen? Any suggestions please?
Laura.x.

Here is a very interesting link for everyone but particularly for mobiles I think.

http://www.salongeek.com/business/67780-heres-how-increase-your-client-base.html

Latest posts

Back