Should I try Moxie?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karen

Reaction score
Hi there,

Can any Moxie users help me out?

At the moment I'm using Retention + with Perfect Color powders and loving it. I'm happy with the PC White and Soft White, but would like to work a little faster with the pink. Sometimes I'm trying to work with the pink before it's formed any 'body' to work with.

Before I try Moxie I wanted to ask - Does this sound like I should try Moxie or perhaps I'm just working too wet and should re-look at my ratio with the pink???

And finally if I do try Moxie do I need a new brush rather than using my Retention + brush???

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Karen
xxx

Hi Karen, try sending Liza Smith a pm. She uses Moxie and has won competitions with it. She should be able to help you out.

David

Hiya,

I would suggest buying a try me kit. Atleast then you havent spent a fortune on liquid, if you don't like it. I've heard it makes the perfect colours more vibrant and I might actually invest in a try me kit, nothing to lose.

Hi Karen,,,,,,,
i am a true converter to MOXIE :D
Does sound like you are working too wet but i was exactly the same, i actually gave up on l&p last year,made me feel ill the smell of it,and was'nt getting ratio right and basically my confidence went and i gave up!!!!!
trained in Fabric# and Brisa instead, BUT when they brought out MOXIE i thought i would give it a bash......WOW!! is all i can say,,,don't know why but ratio is fine every time and i prefer the quicker set and i don't think it smells as much as l&p,its a godsend cos now i am back doing l&p and loving it, nice thin applications and strong with it.
i was told that you do not need seperate brushes if using retention+ as long as you flush out the retention+ first with your MOXIE and vice versa as the products are atill very similar to each other.
If you already have your powders then no need to get the starter pack, the only thing you don't have is the MOXIE itself so buy the small bottle,about £10.00 i think then apply as normal but remember it does set faster! :D
good luck,,,let us know how you get on.

Hi Guys,

I have used moxie, mainly on myself and loved it. The only thing though, and im not sure if this happens to anyone else, is that it tends to discolour after a couple of weeks. Anyone got any ideas why this is?

Michelle xx

hi karen
as jaydee said i've trusted moxie that much that i have competed with it.
i've used it in the salon for 8 months now, & it is excellent.
especially in the colder months.
the only time that i may go back to retention for any amount of time will b the very hot weather.
the colours are very crisp, & i've fallen in love with the intense pink powder!
mix some rainbow glitter with your perfect colour white, & use the intense pink & WOW!
go for it
liza x

Wow you've convinced me! I was getting so frustrated the other day as I was in a cold house and the pink was just not behaving well. I mentioned to my mum that there was a new liquid and intense powder and she has now demanded it !!!!!!!!

Guess i got no excuse not to buy it now.

Ahhh, thank you everyone for your responses - I'm gonna go for it! :D

Funny I'd not thought about room temperature before now I'm thinking that may have something to do with it.

But any how I"m definitely going to give it a go.

The only thing that scares me about it is doing my whites with it - am I really gonna have enough time to get my smile lines in??? :confused:

Would I be making hard work for myself if I done all my whites with Retention + and pinks with Moxie??? :?:

What do you all think?

Kx

hi karen
this did occur to me when i 1st thought about competing with moxie ( whites with retention & pinks with moxie?)
i spoke to samuel & he persuaded me that it was unecessary.
i took his advice & the rest is history!
working with moxie just makes u less lazy with your mix ratio.
it works very efficiently, & u will soon adjust.
do some practice nails 1st to get into the way it sets up.
good luck, let us know how u get on
liza x

pinkshell_nails said:
Hi Guys,

I have used moxie, mainly on myself and loved it. The only thing though, and im not sure if this happens to anyone else, is that it tends to discolour after a couple of weeks. Anyone got any ideas why this is?

Michelle xx
Moxie is very cool however if you are using R+ and not having many problems... I would say stick with the R+.

Moxie shouldn't be discolouring that noticeably and that quickly, but it is not as colour stable as Radical or R+. Its real strength lies in its speed, bright colouring and easier workability in colder climates.

HTH's

Thanks Lisa you've been great!

I've just thought of another question - do you think using Moxie will help me get my timing down? I'm kinda stuck at around the 2 hour mark! I'm desperate to get it down.

Do you think Moxi will help? Or am I clutching at straws here????

Kx

not necessarily!
timing is usually down to application not being quite as perfect as it could b. i.e.if you r spending as much or more time on finishing as applying product then your application could b improved.
that is usually where the time can b added on.
if you aren't spending a chunk of your time on finishing, then moxie may help u, but i';m more inclined to think that it may lie with your application.
give designer nails a call & find out about the new skill building classes, most of the dates should b in by the end of this week.
it would give u a chance to check out if your application could b tweaked!
liza x

Thanks Liza,

The thing is with me is consistancy - by that I mean some of my nails will need a lot of work after the application and others will need very little. I'm just not consistant!

You're right, I think I do need another class. 'Skill building' sounds like it's for me. I was told by head office the new schedule wouldn't be out until March, but I'll give them another call.

In the meantime I'll order some Moxie to have a play with... after all I'm curious!!! :D

Thanks again for answering all my questions - you've been great! :D

Kx

Latest posts

Back