Should I work from home?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lisawh

Reaction score
I'm doing a gel nail course in two weeks although am already qualified in hair and beauty.

I'm a single mum of two kids. I have a friend also with sale qualifications as me . Were discussing openin a nail bar together. I am not sure if I'd be better off financially working at home or renting somewhere . We can rent a place in centre of our town for £95/week plus rates so rent isn't huge but don't want to make plans with her and then change my mind. Any advice welcome. Sorry if it's brief - ask anything you like xx

I qualified last year and went mobile as I have a full time job in another industry and although I have a few clients it's a bit hit and miss as a few nail bars have opened up in that area which have made me realise some clients don't care how good you are they just want cheap!! Anyway I rent a nail table in my local hair salon on Saturdays (completely the other side of town to where I go mobile) so in effect I'm starting from scratch. The salon never had nails before so I'm relying totally on hair clients coming in, walk-ins, advertising and marketing myself in order to get a foot on the ladder. It's tough going!! I've been there 6 weeks now and had 4 clients but obviously still have to pay my rent. My point is if you haven't already got a client base you need to take into account that you still have bills to pay. Couldn't you consider a beauty salon? This way if no one want ere nails done they may come through the door for a treatment. It's a big step and I wish you luck and success in your proposed venture.

Latest posts

Back