Show us your lashes!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hi what lashes do you use..I think these are amazing!! I have just started lashes and I am finding it very tricky to get the hang of it.. I find the hardest bit to separate the lashes to put one lash on the natural lash.. Do. You have any hints or tips. I am practicing but just can't get the hang of it. I would love to be able to do lashes like yours one day.

Hi what lashes do you use..I think these are amazing!! I have just started lashes and I am finding it very tricky to get the hang of it.. I find the hardest bit to separate the lashes to put one lash on the natural lash.. Do. You have any hints or tips. I am practicing but just can't get the hang of it. I would love to be able to do lashes like yours one day.

I have just messaged her asking the same! I love her lashes

Hi ladies
I use the lash base lashes I find them the most flexible and natural looking.
0.2 in c curl are most popular and I rarely go longer than a 12 on my clients.

It's more to do with your technique of lashing than the lashes itself though.

When isolating your lash make sure you have a good pointed set of tweezers and when you attach your faux lash to natural lash work hard to apply the lash straight. So if you have a natural lash that points to the right you will not want to lie the lash along that lash as your faux lash will point to the right too - so u will need to align the faux lash along the left side of the natural lash pointing straight - do this for all lashes

Please don't quote me on any of this - my training was pretty basic so this is my method that I have learnt through trial and error and reading threads.

Also use shorter thinner lashes on inner corners such as a 0.7 - 0.15 in 7s-9s only and no longer then build out lash lengths gradually.

I also like to put a shorter lash on outer corners so say I was lashing will an 11 o n outer corner I would put a few 10s right on the outer corner lashes

Also bear in mind that not all inner and outer corner lashes are suitable to be lashed as u may find they either point down or are not strong enough.

Hope this has helped.

Ps get a good glue too and lamp over head makes all the difference x

I am currently looking to start doing new eyelash extensions can anyone recommend a good course in aberdeen as I done the marvellash and didn't like it at all. Thank you.

A set from today. I've been lashing for nearly a year - any feedback on these? x ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1379431779.206300.jpg

My second set . I'm really lacking in confidence. Feel like I'm never going to 'get it' :(
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1379434932.672281.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1379434945.887894.jpg

I trained last week in marvel lash, what's best to buy, as not yet bought the products yet x

I trained last week in marvel lash, what's best to buy, as not yet bought the products yet x

Most of the lashes are very similar I've found, it's the glue you need to invest well in. I use lash fx glue the fast setting one, but I've heard good things about flirties glue and a few others x

Ooooh, my first contribution to this! This is my 6th ever set, so I'm kind of proud. But I did have a very good eye model lol!

Attachments

• Megan eye.jpg
    Megan eye.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 349
Here's a set I done this morning, C curl .20 in 9mm, 11mm & 13mm xImageUploadedBySalonGeek1379588785.293549.jpg

My second set 0.20 c curl
Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1379592514127.jpg
    1379592514127.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 337
My second set 0.20 c curl
Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

That's pretty good Sammy for your second set! Loads of lashes on... I'm still taking way too long and don't get that many! X

My second set . I'm really lacking in confidence. Feel like I'm never going to 'get it' :(
View attachment 43049
View attachment 43050

That's good for your second set! Just make sure you try & hold the lashes pointing the right way for a few seconds until the glue dries & they should all stay straight then. You've got lots of lashes on though :) trust me, one day it will just click! x

Thank you :) it took me ages and the glue is starting to annoy me now. I really need some new glue im just stuck wich to get while still practising I don't want to pay 30 for some just to practise with lol x

Thank you :) it took me ages and the glue is starting to annoy me now. I really need some new glue im just stuck wich to get while still practising I don't want to pay 30 for some just to practise with lol x

I found as soon as I changed to a faster setting glue my lashes looked looooads better! A lot less stickies & my speed went right up, I can do a full set in just under an hour now x

what glue do you use :) x

That's good for your second set! Just make sure you try & hold the lashes pointing the right way for a few seconds until the glue dries & they should all stay straight then. You've got lots of lashes on though :) trust me, one day it will just click! x

Thank you. I hope it does, I know I've got a long way to go but feels like I'm never going to get there at the moment.
My problem is the glue is taking so long to dry that when I let go of the lash the glue is still wet & the lash twists round 😁
Which do you use? I want to pick up another at Olympia hopefully. x

I use lash fx the fast drying one. If you're quick at putting the lash on but are finding you have to hold it too long then you'll probably do better with a faster setting glue. Maybe contact a few companies for a sample before you buy a whole bottle? x

Set number 7. Getting there, but can't seem to be able to get them as thick as others? Struggling to find any lashes left tho!! x

Attachments

• Kate eye.jpg
    Kate eye.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 277
I use lash fx the fast drying one. If you're quick at putting the lash on but are finding you have to hold it too long then you'll probably do better with a faster setting glue. Maybe contact a few companies for a sample before you buy a whole bottle? x

Thanks, yeah ill do that. I didn't think of samples. Duh!xx

Latest posts

Back