Shrinking Violet on a friend

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katie_w_

Reaction score
Hi, I'm shrinking violet trained and have had some wonderful results on clients. My friend however is coming round for me to wrap her but as she's going to be with me the whole afternoon to have a catch up she's asked if she can be wrapped up for a few hours and not just the 60 mins I wrap my clients. I can't see the harm myself as even when the wrap is cut off the oil is left on the skin. I just want to make sure nobody else would be concerned leaving the cling on for longer.
Thanks xx

Hi Katie,
I think the point of wrapping in cling film is to induce some heat and promote absorption of the oil causing lipolysis. Since they are wrapped pretty firmly, I would imagine it will not be very comfortable lying beyond an hour in this position, client would probably be too hot and get dehydrated, circulation would be restricted. Personally I would not recommend it. If she does not wash the oil off from her skin as recommended, it should continue to act and have the desired effect. I don't think extended wrapping time is going to have more benefit and it may be risky - suppose she gets dehydrated or faints? Perhaps you should email your trainer for advice?
best wishes

Cindy

Has Shrinking Violet published its clinical studies yet??? Although a lovely treatment, i am very very sceptical about its claims. I know quite a few Drs & nurses who state it wont do what it says on the tin x

All I've been sent is info that a trial has been done and the results state it's clinically proven. I'm yet to see any I other information regarding the trial but if any other therapists know anything I'll love to see it. I do get instant results but the last lady I done had a course of 5 and she would start a new week with a new wrap back to the same size she was originally; so even though after the hour there was a loss the next week she was back to normal. This could be down to over eating and not flushing out with fluids or the wrap not being overly effective. I've seen some wonderful results with other courses so maybe some ladies are more In the zone to lose the weight than others XX

Ive dropped my prices doqn to £27 per session due to lack of demand.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

Wow!! Are you finding you are getting more clients with the reduction? It's my treatment that I'm asked for the least which is a little disappointing as on training your told as good as you'll be raking it in. Are you mobile? Salons seem to be doing well for appointments so I'm presuming it's the luxury of going to the salon people are after xx

Wow!! Are you finding you are getting more clients with the reduction? It's my treatment that I'm asked for the least which is a little disappointing as on training your told as good as you'll be raking it in. Are you mobile? Salons seem to be doing well for appointments so I'm presuming it's the luxury of going to the salon people are after xx

Yes it's much busier now. Why sell it at £40 when you can now buy it on ebay. Ruins the exclusivity.

Surrey Girl through and through x

I paid £55 for this treatment to try as I were thinking of training in it, I already use another inch loss brand but had heard so much about SV, I was very disappointed with the treatment as a whole & the results were minimal. I wonder if it was the therapist that did it as it wasn't relaxing, and didn't seem to be much product massaged into my skin x

Yes it's much busier now. Why sell it at £40 when you can now buy it on ebay. Ruins the exclusivity.

Surrey Girl through and through x

Apparently (or so my trainer told me) the bottles being sold on eBay are the old solution . Think she would possibly be out of a job if she said anything different. I'd be careful though I was told tibby Olivier took a trainer off their accredited therapist list because she was offering it too cheap and "cheapening the brand" 😳xx

Latest posts

Back