Sienna X 10% question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teens1974

Reaction score
Hello All

I have (another) question please :biggrin:

I sprayed a client last week with 8% nouvatan which she loved, but I have a sample of sienna x 10% and I would like to try it out on her as she is very laid back and easy going (i am new so still full of nerves and learning)

will this be ok for her? or will it be too dark/light? I dont know how the sienna x percentages compares to nouvatan

She did say next time i sprayed her she would be happy to go darker and try 10% nouvatan.....

Thank you for your help

x

I haven't tried Nouvatan but Sienna X is a great solution. As long as shes not very pale (as I am) the 10% will look great. Don't be nervous, its great that she trusts you to try something else, it shows that she respects and trusts your decision!

lol dont tell her I havent a clue......

I had the impression that they were similar solutions (as in not too dark or too orange which i know she would hate) but just had a panic in case sienna 10% was the equivalent to a N tan 14 or worse lol

Thank you

x

I've never used Nouvatan, but do use Sienna. I'm extremely pale and generally have an 8% which I love, I have previously had a 10% for nights out it wasn't stupidly dark but the wear off was noticeable x

I've never used Nouvatan, but do use Sienna. I'm extremely pale and generally have an 8% which I love, I have previously had a 10% for nights out it wasn't stupidly dark but the wear off was noticeable x

That is fantastic, thank you so much

She is pale and blonde and loved 8% of nouvatan as she said it was natural and not OTT but she wanted to try a dark just to see (and she has a weekend of partying ahead of her lol) I was just anxious as not had sienna x experience

you have reassured me, thank you

I use Sienna-x and 10% is my most popular tan. I'm very pale and I always have the 10% it looks lovely! It'l look great, don't worry, just try it :) xx

Hi everyone
Need some geek advice please :)
A lady has booked for a spray tan tomorrow morning. I went 2 days ago to do a skin test as she is a new client. When I done the skin test we spoke about what type of tan she should have. We both agreed 8% to start off with as I have never tanned her before. I did say if it wasn't dark enough then next time go for the 10%.
But she has called me tonight asking for 10%. as she has spoken to her friend.
She normally goes on the sunbed but hasn't done this for months.
She is pale but she has told me she never burns in the sun.
What would you advice?

Hi everyone
Need some geek advice please :)
A lady has booked for a spray tan tomorrow morning. I went 2 days ago to do a skin test as she is a new client. When I done the skin test we spoke about what type of tan she should have. We both agreed 8% to start off with as I have never tanned her before. I did say if it wasn't dark enough then next time go for the 10%.
But she has called me tonight asking for 10%. as she has spoken to her friend.
She normally goes on the sunbed but hasn't done this for months.
She is pale but she has told me she never burns in the sun.
What would you advice?

I would spray her with the 10% its my most popular 1 its lovely xx was you trained to do skin tests because i wasnt!! And i never do them x

Brilliant I will just do the 10%.
It's just that most of my new clients go for the 8% first then the 10%.
thanks for the reply.
Yes I was trained by Sienna X to do skin tests on a new clients.

Hi
Sorry not much help on Novatan
I went to the Gmex Show to look for a new spray tanning system, I am very pickie as I have used Su-do since 2004. Looked at Sienna x and I was won over, these people not only wear Sienna x - they live it!
I have a therapist who has never been trainined in spraying so I went with her to the training and I very impressed! Full of hints and tips.
One thing I would say and that is with Sudo I found that their 'guide colour' was a lot paler than Sienna x which meant that I looked quite dark (I'm very pale)and when I showered I found there was alot of colour washed off (dont have that with Sudo) though the Sienna x colour is really natural - 8% which I would use in the winter and 10% in the Summer. I quite like that the fact that the quide colour is so promient as it insures not missed areas.
10/10 for Sienna x Spray , absoultey everyone we meet there were friendly and the first thing we were each told is who our contact is in the area where we live so if we have any queiries we know who to ask for.
Love the fact that they offer pre and post tanning products for retailing and these come in bottles or sachets so have several options for retailing to your clients.:lol::lol::lol:

oops me again
You should be doing a test patch on anyone that has not had a tan before - your insurance is invalid if you do not do this.
I will now offer patch tests on all my clients since I am changing to Sienna x and also so that they can see the colour depth of Sienna x.

I have had clients come for patch tests a few days prior to their spray and have done two areas of different solution so that they can see the result and decide what they would prefer to try, usually on upper thigh out of site or even on stomach gives a good indication - especially if they are aprehensive about the results.

With Sienna x they have exfoliation prep in sachets sizes so I can give one of these to each client so they can remove the patch test area prior to their spray tan.

In the training they have a chart which gives a guide as to which solution to use - based on clients skin condition and colouring.

At the training yesterday I purchased 4 x 250ml bottles of solution rather than all 1 litres so that I could use a selection and see what is most popular, though the trainer advised that 8% would look good on pale skin especially in winter and that she uses mostly 8% and 10% with 10% being her most popular. :wink2:

oops me again
You should be doing a test patch on anyone that has not had a tan before - your insurance is invalid if you do not do this.
I will now offer patch tests on all my clients since I am changing to Sienna x and also so that they can see the colour depth of Sienna x.

I have had clients come for patch tests a few days prior to their spray and have done two areas of different solution so that they can see the result and decide what they would prefer to try, usually on upper thigh out of site or even on stomach gives a good indication - especially if they are aprehensive about the results.

With Sienna x they have exfoliation prep in sachets sizes so I can give one of these to each client so they can remove the patch test area prior to their spray tan.

In the training they have a chart which gives a guide as to which solution to use - based on clients skin condition and colouring.

At the training yesterday I purchased 4 x 250ml bottles of solution rather than all 1 litres so that I could use a selection and see what is most popular, though the trainer advised that 8% would look good on pale skin especially in winter and that she uses mostly 8% and 10% with 10% being her most popular. :wink2:

I will now be doing skin tests on new clients , they didnt tell me to do skin test when i trained ( xx

Latest posts

Back