Sienna x booth over spray

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kirsti__

Reaction score
hello tanning lovelies!
I have just started working at a new salon, we have the sienna x booth with built in extractor...... we were under the impression that the extractor would help with the over spray? However..... after doing one tan the whole room (it's being used as a multi use room, so it's a reception-NOT WHEN TANNING!!!!!,tanning, retail room) slightly concerned that when business picks up we will not have time to do a complete room clean after each client.
How do you all over come this problem?
TIA
Kirsty xx

hello tanning lovelies!
I have just started working at a new salon, we have the sienna x booth with built in extractor...... we were under the impression that the extractor would help with the over spray? However..... after doing one tan the whole room (it's being used as a multi use room, so it's a reception-NOT WHEN TANNING!!!!!,tanning, retail room) slightly concerned that when business picks up we will not have time to do a complete room clean after each client.
How do you all over come this problem?
TIA
Kirsty xx

It sounds like your gun is up waaaay too high... When your gun dial is fully closed turn it 1/4 turn to 9 o'clock and this should solve your problem.

It sounds like your gun is up waaaay too high... When your gun dial is fully closed turn it 1/4 turn to 9 o'clock and this should solve your problem.
Ohhh ok thank you! Do I need to have the extractor on a few mins before I start tanning? Will check the gun and see how we go! X

Ohhh ok thank you! Do I need to have the extractor on a few mins before I start tanning? Will check the gun and see how we go! X

I honestly don't use an extractor... if you're gun is set properly you actually don't need one...

I dont use an extractor either. Ash is right, if you set your gun properly it should sort out the problem. I still have a tiny amount when i clean but my rooms not covered by it xx

Amazing, that you so much! I have urged the dial back, will see how it goes after next tan! Xx

I dont use an extractor either. Ash is right, if you set your gun properly it should sort out the problem. I still have a tiny amount when i clean but my rooms not covered by it xx

My gun is down to nearly close when I use it and still get over spray which is completely normal and unavoidable...

My gun is down to nearly close when I use it and still get over spray which is completely normal and unavoidable...
Yeah a small amount is normal, Kirsti shouldn't need to be wiping it up after every client though. When ive had a busy tanning day i dont clean my room till the next morning to give the overspray time to settle, and even then when i wipe there is not a lot there. I have used some solutions though which seem to cause more overspray than others xx

I would clean straight after because it starts to stain if I dont!

I would clean straight after because it starts to stain if I dont!

Hi Kirsti, did you resolve the over spray issue?

I have bought the butterfly double extraction unit from SiennaX and am having the same problem. Seems like I had less over spray using the pop up tent. I have to wipe down after every client but doing about 80 clients a week makes it a very time consuming process indeed.

I've spoken to SiennaX and I am going through filters like there's no tomorrow. I'm starting to wonder if the machine is up to the job.

Thanks Sarah

Latest posts

Back