Sienna X spray tan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaymee-Leigh

Reaction score
Hi Geeks!

I use Sienna X spray tanning and love it!

Every so often one of my bottles of solution will turn a little greeny colour. It has had the lid on, been stored in a cool dark place and is not out of date, is there any reason why this happens and is it still useable or will it turn my clients green?

Hi, I use sienna x too, it sounds like there is still some oxygen getting into the bottles, the rim of my bottles tends to do this, and I have had no problems with it on clients as once sprayed it doesn't give the green effect, maybe try this on a close friend or family member just to make sure [emoji4] hope this helps xx

I trained with Sienna X and the trainer said to actually store the tan in the fridge which should keep the tan from turning green for longer! Some of mine have still turned slightly green though but doesn't make any difference to the tan once the client has showered- its only the instant guide colour that has discoloured. I always explain to the client if its slightly off colour but would never use it if it was greener as the client would panic lol.

Xx

I have been using Sienna for years and lately I have noticed that some bottles I bought recently have gone shrek green very quickly, I'm talking unopened going shamrock green within 6 weeks. Basically I'm not happy (but I guess I can't prove they are the solution that I have just bought) so I've switched to buying smaller bottles and marking the received date on them. Yes it costs more but not as much as chucking green solution down the drain. I have thought about switching brands but I like the Sienna tan.

Some of my solutions have gone a shade of green too after only a few months of being opened!! I've binned them. Even if it washes off in the shower I wouldn't want my clients going out of the salon looking like Princess Fiona!!

My bottles live in the fridge too. It's quite amusing for others to open the door and see milk, juice and 12% tan bottles!

Latest posts

Back