Siennasol and newbie questions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tulene

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm new to the tanning scene, running my business from home in the middle east.
I have just started out testing on friends and am about to start getting some paid clients.

I have a few noob questions:

1) I've started using siennasol - what's the verdict about their solutions? I've found them to have a nice colour so far.
2) I'm having a slight problem with brown bottoms of feet. All my "clients' have used plenty of barrier cream on the bottoms of feet but they are still turning brown. I'd rather not get sticky feet, but if I have to I will. Putting a towel down doesn't even seem to help.
3) same goes for sides of hands and bottom of palms turning orange. They have plenty of cream on but still... am too much spray? Should i run a wet wipe over their hands?
4) any other advice you have for a new start is appreciated :)

Thanks!

1) ive never used siennasol but, if you and your clients like it, then stick to it.
2) if you put a towel down, when you are spraying, the tan will be falling down and settling on top. So when your client moves and stands on top of the settled tan it will stick to their feet. Using sticky feet is really the only way to stop this.
3) hands only need a light spray. I get clients to hold hands out in a loose claw, hold my gun further away, spray down left side, middle, then right side. As for the palms, when you spray down the inside of arm, make sure you flick out at wrist area, so none goes on palm.
4) just keep practising. You'll get the hang of it, and you'll start finding your own little ways of doing things that work better for you. Xx

I love siennasol. It's a beautiful natural colour. Where do you get yours from. I've only ever found it on eBay.

You cant beat siennasol extreme just amazing stuff x

Hi all,
I'm new to the tanning scene, running my business from home in the middle east.
I have just started out testing on friends and am about to start getting some paid clients.

I have a few noob questions:

1) I've started using siennasol - what's the verdict about their solutions? I've found them to have a nice colour so far.
2) I'm having a slight problem with brown bottoms of feet. All my "clients' have used plenty of barrier cream on the bottoms of feet but they are still turning brown. I'd rather not get sticky feet, but if I have to I will. Putting a towel down doesn't even seem to help.
3) same goes for sides of hands and bottom of palms turning orange. They have plenty of cream on but still... am too much spray? Should i run a wet wipe over their hands?
4) any other advice you have for a new start is appreciated :)

Thanks!

this is a problem all beginners

1. I love Morroccan Tan 12%, The colour is brown and gorgeous.
2. Your gun seems to be up tooooo high because it sounds like your getting overspray, keep the gun down low and use sticky feet or papers towels a normal towel doesn't work. I would recommend sticky feet for all beginners.
3. Are they sleeping in their tan? Cause they could be resting their palm on their chest or leg when they're asleep and this causes the palms to go orange. Make sure your not spraying the palms tho.

Latest posts

Back