Silk repairs with Brisa Lite?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Myden

Reaction score
I currently do my silk repairs with Bio Sculpture gel but I am fazing this out of my treatment list and was wondering if I would do the same procedure with Brisa Lite Sculpting or Smoothing gel.
The only problem is after base coat of Clear Bio gel is cured I swipe with scrub fresh because silk adheres better to dry surface I would not be able to do this with BL base coat as it would come off.

I currently do my silk repairs with Bio Sculpture gel but I am fazing this out of my treatment list and was wondering if I would do the same procedure with Brisa Lite Sculpting or Smoothing gel.
The only problem is after base coat of Clear Bio gel is cured I swipe with scrub fresh because silk adheres better to dry surface I would not be able to do this with BL base coat as it would come off.

How would you repair a split nail? Is fibreglass better?

Do your silk repair then base coat, brisalite,/shellac etc.

I currently use fibreglass but same procedure for silk.
Cuticle work
Scrub fresh
Place self adhesive silk/fibreglass on nail
Brisa Lite base coat-cure 10 secs
Brisa Lite smoothing gel-cure 2 mins
Shellac×2 coats- cure 2 mins each coat
Shellac topcoat- cure 2 mins
Wipe with IPA
File nails with the silk/fibreglass to smooth free edges off from fibre glass
Wipe with IPA
Re top coat fibreglass/silk nails- cure 2 mins
Wipe IPA
Solar oil
Hope this helps :D

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I currently use fibreglass but same procedure for silk.
Cuticle work
Scrub fresh
Place self adhesive silk/fibreglass on nail
Brisa Lite base coat-cure 10 secs
Brisa Lite smoothing gel-cure 2 mins
Shellac×2 coats- cure 2 mins each coat
Shellac topcoat- cure 2 mins
Wipe with IPA
File nails with the silk/fibreglass to smooth free edges off from fibre glass
Wipe with IPA
Re top coat fibreglass/silk nails- cure 2 mins
Wipe IPA
Solar oil
Hope this helps :D

I see you would place silk/fibreglass directly on nail plate then base coat and continue .........THANKS !

Yes, see if you can find the fingernailfixers video on youtube. She demonstrates it perfectly. Search 'fibreglass repair in Shellac'. Good luck :)

Yes, see if you can find the fingernailfixers video on youtube. She demonstrates it perfectly. Search 'fibreglass repair in Shellac'. Good luck :)

Just watched it.......brill!
It is different from Bio, with Bio you apply clear as base and swipe then lay a small piece of silk to cover split, dampen with clear, cure, then build with S gel to build and hide silk edges. But of course you then have to buff and finish as normal. This does make the nail a bit thicker than all the rest.
Thank you so much for your help!

I repair with silk using Brisa lite. I do BL basecoat, cure, BL smoothing gel and place silk into the wet gel then cure, wipe with D-sperse and buff smooth as needed then proceed with shellac colour as normal. Lasts fine and is quick and easy to do.

Latest posts

Back