Single Parent Holidays

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't envy you. Just you wait till she turns 12. Mines possessed by the devil. :evil:

Oh gosh! If she's anything like I was when I was 12, I'll be trading her in for another cat!

I grew up in Enfield living in Hertfordshire now. You really will have a fab time with your lil one. I really do understand how hard it is to get away just the two of you but if I can do it so can you. I got our EHIC cards in the post today so I'm nearly all ready to go! If you decide on Ibiza let me know! xx

I grew up in Enfield too! I went to Enfield County! What school did you go to? Small world!

I took my 3 kids on holiday abroad alone, we went to Tenerife.
at the time they were 14, 11 and 5.

I take my kids to caravan holidays now and then too, last one we all went to they were.. 21, 18 (+17yro girlfriend and unborn granddaughter) 12 and 3.

the next holiday I will be taking my youngest daughter and 3 granddaughters .. 6, 3, 2 and 10mo

and we (my eldest and I ) have been planning to take youngest daughter and middle granddaughter (eldests daughter) back to Tenerife next Christmas as a surprise.

ive been a singleparent for so long now that holidays with any amount of my kids, grandkids or a mix of them all is just normal..lol.

Do you find it easier with more than one child? Do they just entertain each other?

Do you find it easier with more than one child? Do they just entertain each other?

Oh I definitely think it would be. You need to take mine with you.

Last edited:

Lol No.. My eldest two always got along well but my second two don't get along with each other.

It was always like a pair of siblings entertaining each other and two single children needing entertainment.

If I went on holiday with them all now I'm sure the oldest 3 would be out together leaving me with my youngest and my 3 grandkids who all fight for my attention and bicker between each other during playtimes, they don't entertain each other they need entertainment to keep them busy alongside each other.

I sound like a bad parent. I travelled Thailand for a month when my daughter was 6..I drafted in my mother who stayed at my house.

I have no regrets. At all.

As she got older she came with me. I did a single parent holiday to France it was ok. She's now 18 and has travelled extensively for her age.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back