Skin test

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thiago

Reaction score
Hi geeks i just want to know something see if its true or not..

What I want to know is at college they use loreal and a girl told me when u don't know what colour ur going to use for sure u can skin test with the number 3 and then u can colour with any other when u decide is that true? And if yes does this also apply to wella and ion ? Thanksss

Always skin test with a base 1. It contains the strongest amount of ppd , as you are only doing a little amount it is safer to test the client with maximum amount of ppd you can.
Even this still might not show a reaction until it touches scalp lots(global) but you've done the strongest test you can

If you don't know the exact shade you'll be using, you can test with the darkest shade from that brand. Obviously it'd be best to test with the exact colour you're using, and you should always follow what the manufacturer and your insurance specify.

I was told this many years ago but now a days I would do what the manufacturers instructions say end of. If any problems ever arise and you haven't followed instructions insurance companies won't pay out xx

I have to test with the colour im using, also I test with bleach and any toner I might use when h/l then im covered on ever base

What I want to know is at college they use loreal and a girl told me when u don't know what colour ur going to use for sure u can skin test with the number 3 and then u can colour with any other when u decide is that true? And if yes does this also apply to wella and ion ? Thanksss

For your college assessments, you need to check with your tutors what the policy is.

In my college, for Matrix, yes we test with a Matrix shade 3-something, I can't remember the exact one, but we have a room for mixing and we have instructions for every type of mixing,testing you can think of written up on easy-read sheets so everyone knows what to do!

But you need to know what your college policy is. Just grab the teacher and ask! :)

Plus when you're working on clients, you need to know each brands recommendations for skin tests and what your insurance recommends :)

Last edited:
If you don't know the exact shade you'll be using, you can test with the darkest shade from that brand. Obviously it'd be best to test with the exact colour you're using, and you should always follow what the manufacturer and your insurance specify.

Well if i do a skin test with let's say 1 and I use 8 and something happen the insurance won't know which one i used to do the skin test will they..

I write everything down and me and my client sign it so if they ever ask it's all there on paper

I write everything down and me and my client sign it so if they ever ask it's all there on paper

I see
U could just put down skin test done at day time etc..

I wring down what was used, amount, %, date time, location on body, (some like nape some like behind the ear)sign and date from both of us
Also I made a little letter (well few lines printed) telling them what it's for, how to leave it on for and what to do if a reaction happens and signs of reaction, then noone can complain or have any comeback to me

I wring down what was used, amount, %, date time, location on body, (some like nape some like behind the ear)sign and date from both of us
Also I made a little letter (well few lines printed) telling them what it's for, how to leave it on for and what to do if a reaction happens and signs of reaction, then noone can complain or have any comeback to me

I will try to do that Aswell :) thanks xoxo

My college i went to use the colourstart transfers.so it is great to see what you guys would do with skin tests

My college i went to use the colourstart transfers.so it is great to see what you guys would do with skin tests

Not all insurance companys accept them

FHBH insurance accept Colourstart patches.

FHBH insurance accept Colourstart patches.

How does this thing work?
Do u have to buy different ones for differents brands or ?

Latest posts

Back