Slimming Patches

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sazzanne

Reaction score
Just a bit random really.
Has anyone used/useing slimming patches or pills?
If so, did they work or not?

Sarah xxxx

(me and my mummy were thinking of having a go)

Hi. I have tried the tablets called Sidi and I thought they really worked well for the first couple of weeks then I didnt find that they worked over long periods of time as I think that your body gets used to taking them so they dont work as much.
I have also tried the patches from pink and they also seem to give good results in the first couple of days then not that much after that. I got a free trial off the net if I will look for the website address for you and post it for you.

HTH.:hug:

Hi,

slimming patches can work very well as they are applied transdermally and therefore the active ingredients are absorbed through the skin and thus can bypass the digestive system which would normally act as a filter and reduce what gets into the body. This way the patches can work out approx 30% more effective even though they might have less amount of active ingredients.

One thing to look out for is that you get patches that have the true transfermal technology (only a few manufacturers can really manage to do that) whilst lot of patches are simply glorified plasters that dont do much when it comes to weightloss.

Another think to watch is that the patches have been approved (slimming or dietary products can normally not get a CE certificate as they are only classified as herbal remedies or food supplements but patches can actually be CE certified) which helps ifyou know its safe to use.

And last but not least if you want effectiveness that you use products that use pure certified ingredients that come from a reputable source and not synthetic imitations that are increasingly entering the market.

Ops that all souns very technical and complicated but in short - patches can work very well and lot of people get on well with them - you dont have to remember to take them and due to their transdermal technology they actually feed the active ingredients into the body continuously rather than giving your body a boost as you would get with tablets.

Hope this helps but let me know if I can help with any other advice?:hug:

i think the only way these really work if not using them in conjunction with healthy eating and exercise is if you apply a patch over each eye so you cant find the fridge lol! One of my mates was on the nicotene patches and she got that desperate once she tried smoking the patch - dont ask!

I use green tea tablets that help to speed up your metabolism but only use them when I plateau with my exercise, and it gives me a boost again.

Like everything though theirs no overnight quick fix or solution. its fat better to get into a decent eating and exercise routine that use crash methods to lose weight. This is the reason you end up putting weight back on, all yo yo dieting. and the more you do it the harder it gets each time to lose the weight.

I have seen amazing results though with clients (and my mum) who have been allergy tested. My mum went from a size 22 to a 16 in a few months because whilst she was eating healthily she was allergic to a lot of stuff she was eating and therefore this caused her to bloat up and she couldnt lose any weight. Also clients have been diagnosed with an underactice thyroid gland which means that they dont produce enough thyroxine to turn the food they eat into energy and instead stores it as fat.

Its worth getting checked for everything before dieting so you dont lose heart.

Also steady dieting is better than losing weight fast as fat cells store toxins (this is why its recommended dieters drink more water) as your fat cells shrink the toxins are released often making you feel tired, sluggish or ill. I do regular colon cleansing at home which isnt nice but aides weight loss too and helps remove nasty toxins and bugs from your digestive system so it works more efficiently.

The tablets and patches are best used for those weeks when you need a little extra push for when you have plateued with your weight so that you dont get disheartened.

good luck

kate x

Latest posts

Back