Small salon set up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Helen Chisholm

Reaction score
Hi guys! Really need so advise.
I've only worked in a spa before so I'm looking at other work, I've been offered a job at a small salon in my town working for them but since I've been told I need to pay for all my training and now I've been told I will need to insure myself, is this normal?

Many thanks!!

Nope. If you're employed your employer adds you and your treatments onto the salons insurance.

If you choose to do training it's at your cost, some employers will pay for training but there is usually a clause, something like, if you leave within 6 months you pay back an element of that cost, some do some don't.

Many salons do this. They make it like you're employed but they're avoiding any tax etc by making you self employed x

honestly? if i'm not happy with the deal I dont accept the job. if I feel like it's unfair on me, you're the one bringing in the talent! However, if theres a training course I want to go on then I will pay for it myself, but if theres one they want me to go on they should be paying, its about being fair on both sides!

Hi Helen

In regards to insurance, if you are employed by the salon then they should be covering you under their own full salon package - if you were to have a treatment claim and the insurers found that you should have been covered under an employers policy a claim may not be paid. If however, you are self-employed then it is normal for them to ask you to purchase your own insurance.

If you would like to call us for more information or for a quotation then one of our team will be happy to help 08456 058 670. All of our prices can also be found on our website www.professionalbeautydirect.co.uk :)

Hi Helen

We have come across this a lot but the bottom line is if you are employed by a salon they pay all your taxes and insurance.

Regards

Kim

Latest posts

Back