Smile line practice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LouisaB

Reaction score
Hi all! Currently half way through my CND l&p beginners and loving it. Got clients lined up for practice and my hand trainer! I know there is skill and tons of practice to perfect your smile lines. Has anyone got any tips on how to practice without having to use lots of tips? This is the first set I did yesterday
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1468604234.052045.jpg

Your smile lines are looking good, your next challenge is bead ratio consistency, that's why some of your whites look different colours with grey patches. For mid way through foundation it's good work.

With regard to practise, I bought a 500 pack of cheapy tips from eBay and practised on those. If it's just for bead consistency, set down and smile line practice you don't need them to be applied to a finger or trainer. It's a tip I got from my CND tutor Ketan Patel, the night before comp he would sit with a box of 500 tips and practise over and over again, as he's won more trophies than I can name I think its a good tip!

Your smile lines are looking good, your next challenge is bead ratio consistency, that's why some of your whites look different colours with grey patches. For mid way through foundation it's good work.

With regard to practise, I bought a 500 pack of cheapy tips from eBay and practised on those. If it's just for bead consistency, set down and smile line practice you don't need them to be applied to a finger or trainer. It's a tip I got from my CND tutor Ketan Patel, the night before comp he would sit with a box of 500 tips and practise over and over again, as he's won more trophies than I can name I think its a good tip!
That's a great idea thank you! I think I was making them too bulky on the white then have gone the other way and started making it too thin! I will do that. Thanks Trinity!

...It's a tip I got from my CND tutor Ketan Patel, the night before comp he would sit with a box of 500 tips and practise over and over again, as he's won more trophies than I can name I think its a good tip!

Ooo, name dropper. :D

Ooo, name dropper. :D

I love him, I have a signed photo of him in my salon looking down on me all the time keeping me in line and working hard :oops::p

Hi
If you get a chance watch youtube - fingernailfixer (L&P smile lines). She gives fab tips on brush placement etc.
Hope this helps you, but it is true practise makes perfect.

Latest posts

Back