So confused

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diva27

Reaction score
I have a nail course booked on the 2nd of June but am wondering if this is the route for me. I have done a 10 week taster taster and although i loved it i am wondering if i would prefer tanning, waxing, and eye treatments.
Where would i find training for beauty?
Have any of you been unsure what route to take?
Any info would be great x

if your feeling unsure hun then why don't you ask around your local colleges and try and find out about a beauty course and have a think about it. It depends what you want to do if you just want to offer nail treatments then maybe do some extra courses on waxing etc. Or you could do a full beauty course and see how you go with that.

It's difficult for me to give you anymore advice coz when i did my NVQ i covered all beauty and nail extensions over the 2 years. If you want to do both then you could always go for a full-time course.

hope this helps a bit :)
x x

hello diva27

I am a qualified holistic and beauty therapist.

I did aromatherapy first loved it, then did reflexology again loved it.

started going mobile then decided id like to do beauty but i was petrified at first because there was so much to learn in a beauty therapy course you will learn waxing, manicure, pedicure, eye treatments ( lash/brow tining) tanning, facials.

At the beginning of the course I thought omg im not going to be able to cope a few weeks in started to love it.

Now I have my own business renting above a hairdresses and love it love it love it,, though at first was very anxious and nervous but 4 months down the line I should of done it years ago.

Ive been asked in my salon on a few occasions if i do Acrylic nails but again im not sure if i would be able to cope as there is a lot involved.

I would do what i did and go to the college and have a chat with a tuture get all the imformation about the courses that your interested in you may end up doing both.

I am seriously thinking about doing a nail course now Ill just have to get over my fear of doing nails and get on with it i guess.

but I can tell you if you do beauty you will really love it, it is one of the best courses that ive acheived and im no spring chicken im in my 40.s lol

so if I can do then anyone can:)

good luck and let us know how you get on and what u decided

Latest posts

Back