So.......gel's not acrylic then?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jane

Scratchers Geek
Reaction score
Well not according to one major distributor in this months 'Scratch'. Admittedly at one point it's compared to 'traditional' acrylics but goes on to say, "What can be done with acrylic can be more or less done with XYZ gel.....". Doesn't once compare it to L&P.
Gel is the big feature in this months 'Scratch' and there are some brilliant advertorials. But I'd like to know the ingredient that one particular gel contains that actually 'conditions' the natural nail and what are these 'organic compounds' contained in another gel?
Toe nail correction? Why show a manky toenail on the left foot and the 'correction' on the right?
Blending the tip - full well, slap on the acetone then go at it with the e-file, great technique - not!
And if individual/companies are going to feature a step by step, please can the person get their own nails done before the photo shoot!
Well as you probably gather I'm not too impressed with some things featured in trade mags. Things like this don't impress me and as Doug Schoon rightly points out in his article on gels, page 18, "....nail techs are more educated and more information is available to them today than ever before, so it's a bit harder to fool them"

Jane said:
Gel is the big feature in this months 'Scratch' and there are some brilliant advertorials. But I'd like to know the ingredient that one particular gel contains that actually 'conditions' the natural nail and what are these 'organic compounds' contained in another gel?
QUOTE]

Organic compound - any carbon based chain.
Hydrocloric acid (burns through your skin) is organic....
As are all Nail enhancement products.
They are playing on the naivity of the consumer who will confuse it with
bio-organic. (which means naturally occuring)

HTH - Envy

Latest posts

Back