So livid...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

roseblanc

Reaction score
Ok, so here's the deal. The other day I had a woman call me wanting an appointment for her and her friend. So, my clients came this morning, their appointment was for 9am... oooh, they were something else. 2 old ladies. By the time they get here, stop talking, fill out their consultation forms and wash their hands, it's 9:30am - then one of the ladies tell me "oh well we have somewhere to be at 11am so you better hurry up" -- I'm like whoa lady! You've got MMA on your nails, and you want some fancy nail art design and there is 2 of you... do you honestly expect me to do both of you in under an hour so that you can leave by 10:30am and get where you have to go.... omg I was soooo furious. I did one of the ladies, but not the other one, and on top of that I was rushing so the one I did... the acrylic was nice but the nail designs were not so nice.

They asked me why it took so long and I explained to them about the MMA and how it takes forever to take off and one of the girls said "oh well it doesn't take that long at the other place" so I told her that it's because they don't do it the way it SHOULD be done. I explained about the prep work and how it's mandatory and they just kinda sat there and rolled their eyes like they didnt give a rats ass. I can't get over it, I'm fuming.

I could cry right about now... how can some people be so unrealistic about their timing. She never told me they had plans at 11am until AFTER I started the prep work on one of the ladies. I think from now on I'm going to tell all my new clients that I need an hour and a half to two hours per client and to make sure you have the time available.

Grrrrr.... so upset! :cry:

Oh hun, not your fault, don't get upset. They just aren't used to a proper service. Getting your nails done should be a lovely relaxing process, not something you have to rush before you have to be somewhere else. She should have asked you how long it would take if they knew they needed to be elsewhere at a certain time.

Take a deep breath, shake your shoulders, let that tension go, and hold your head up high. :hug:

Hi Hun,
Don't take it to heart.
Some people are so maddening.........to be honest I think some get worse as they get older, I find the younger clients seem to understand how much time is required.
If they have previously gone to get them in and out fast salons, then they have no concept of a true professional.
Maybe they now will realise how much time is required to have them done properly.
Lotsa luv x :hug: :hug: :hug: x

I had the same sort of experience last week. A lady booked an appointment for a tan for a friend who was going on holiday and made an enquiry about gel nails, which is great more business for me!

Then she tried to knock me on my price and then had an unpleasent rant at me about the amount of time a set of nails would take me to do (apparently 1 1/2 to 2 hours is far too long):rolleyes:!!

Finally books an appointment for the tan for 4pm on the friday and then told me not to be disappointed if her friend didn't turn up! :irked: She couldn't understand why she or her friend should ring me to let me know if she could make it or not! As if i had all day to wait around.

Anyway her friend did turn up 45 minutes late may i add (she was lucky i had a 20 minute slot) then wanted me to do her a set of gel nails but i was to be aware she doesn't have time to wait she only has half an hour! I think the look on my face said it all!

I can understand how you were fuming.

This would make a great blog entry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back