Social media marketing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissMuggle

Reaction score
I feel like I am really struggling with social medial marketing and advertising. Can anyone give me some advice to help me get around this.I'm very confident at doing hair but struggle with chat and marketing on social media sites and not sure where the best places to advertise are.............help. x

Hi there :) don't panic do you use facebook? Perhaps download an app on your phone and take before and after pictures of your work, upload to fb to create interest :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I am just starting this too.

With facebook, there are boost options although i have yet to see it pay off for me but i am using the cheapest one at the minute just to give it ago.

Instagram you basically just scrow through and like everyones pictures in hope that they will then like your page.

They are the only 2 i use at the moment. I am getting a very good response from instagram although no clients from it yet but it is definitely getting my name out there.

I make my most important posts after 8pm and I find this is when I get my most views, comments & shares. Look for local business advertising and information pages, (I generate at least $400 each week from clients off these pages)
Attend local expo's, have all of your friends share in try and spark interest for season formal, even try and team up with a local MUA & put together a formal package or something of the like x

Hi All . . Advice so far is bang on, but it can be a minefield and can take a lot of time if you are not careful.

I created a Social Media Tools guide to help salons with their social media marketing which you can get for nothing at www.salonbusinesssecrets.com (click the guide in the top right of the main screen)

Hope it helps and let me know if you have any further questions as I am thinking about expanding it!

-Adam

Latest posts

Back