Software

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beckylashes

Reaction score
I had a meeting with protest today

The £1-£1.50 charge for booking appointments online will add up over the year who doesn't do this?

Thanks

I wouldn't recommend it. I wouldn't like to pay a booking fee. I rant when I have to do it with Cinema.

The £1-£1.50 charge for booking appointments online will add up over the year who doesn't do this?

Thanks

Is that their name, Protest?

Thanks

Are you serious! That is a rip off. Try youreontime.com where the online booking is included in the price. It is our philosophy, everything is included in the price, no upgrades to get extra modules or features, everything from the lowest priced plan to the highest gets all the same features.

Who has this £1 - £1.50? Phorest?

You can't switch the booking fee off which was one reason I didn't go with them. I went with ovatu. You can have a booking fee, no booking fee or you can have certain treatments that have a booking fee. Clients can also cancel and rearrange their own appointments. All at a fraction of the cost of Phorest.

Vic x

We moved from Salon Iris to Phorest. Both good but the SI online booking wasnt very up to date.

I have now looked at moving to Ovatu as the price is 75% cheaper a month than Phorest.

Ovatu is great for the price but at the moment would be slightly going backward. I have just had a play about with it (trial) and its not as simple as Phorest. Also as it's not specifically for hair/beauty it is missing some features and some things take longer. I am waiting to see if some of these things are ironed out then I will move. The free text messages alone would save me c£75 pcm on Phorest.

Phorest yeah sorry my phone changed it, I have spoke to premier spa but there other fees make it about same as phorest because it's £90 a month just for online booking to be included and the £1 or £1.50 to a new card goes to phorest x

I think I will go with phorest but I will only do email reminders and do incentives if they book when in the salon rather than online so it's only last minuet clients booking online hence filling last min slots so it's not so bad then most my clients I do regularly just say book me in x amount of weeks until your diary goes up to so my column won't be bad it's the other girls :/ x

I think I will go with phorest but I will only do email reminders and do incentives if they book when in the salon rather than online so it's only last minuet clients booking online hence filling last min slots so it's not so bad then most my clients I do regularly just say book me in x amount of weeks until your diary goes up to so my column won't be bad it's the other girls :/ x

Hi Becky

Fancy giving Hive a try we don't charge an online booking fee and have 16 modules to help you manage and grow your business.

Best

Kim

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1455665379.217134.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1455665379.217134.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 28
There are hough up front costs with phorest so make sure it's worth it for you. I looked at them but thought I'd try ovatu first as there's no upfront costs. I don't think I'd change now x

We moved from Salon Iris to Phorest. Both good but the SI online booking wasnt very up to date.

I have now looked at moving to Ovatu as the price is 75% cheaper a month than Phorest.

Ovatu is great for the price but at the moment would be slightly going backward. I have just had a play about with it (trial) and its not as simple as Phorest. Also as it's not specifically for hair/beauty it is missing some features and some things take longer. I am waiting to see if some of these things are ironed out then I will move. The free text messages alone would save me c£75 pcm on Phorest.
I
When I signed up to my ovatu trial one of there members of staff called me and I e planned what I wanted it to do etc and what I wanted to get out of the system and he set it all up for me, I have a contact number direct for him and any problems he fixes the, immediately, can't fault them at all

They quoted me £1999 plus vat just the software xx

I
When I signed up to my ovatu trial one of there members of staff called me and I e planned what I wanted it to do etc and what I wanted to get out of the system and he set it all up for me, I have a contact number direct for him and any problems he fixes the, immediately, can't fault them at all

Thanks but I did go through with someone.

If I hadn't already laid out for Phorest I would probably go with them. But as I said, there are functions missing being that it is not specifically for salons.

You could try Shedul.com - in alpha/beta phase but it works fine. Anyone who signs up now will never be charged (or say they have said to me)and when they launch full and proper with pricing.

Last edited:
I'm using Shedul at the moment, I'm really impressed with the system and their customer service :)

Another vote for Ovatu!

I have a couple of services with an online payment. Most without.

Pete was fab. He showed me how everything works and I'm constantly texting him to get him to explain things again! Or correct what I've cocked up.

Latest posts

Back