Solar Oil in TK Maxx Leeds!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I hope a child doesn't pick the bottle up!

I'm sure tk maxx are not selling fake goods, they sale a lot of items that you wouldn't be able to buy in a normal store like cnd products, I remember when Tigi was in there & it was from a online store that had gone bankrupt, we asked our Tigi rep at the time! so maybe this has happened to a big salon & they sold there stock to tkmaxx! My local 99p store have sold so much opi shatter which is def not fake I'm guessing that Lena White ordered to many which I know they did with there nail wraps as was told when did my gel color course with them! which is why they are now £3 in my local tk maxx store, think it's bit crazy opening a bottle of colour & hiding it though! It's one bottle in the store they prob won't ever get the products in ever again as they don't usually restock same products!!

Of course the rep would say that! Why are they selling bulk to an online store anyway? Surely just like selling to a store on the high street.

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

View attachment 77372

Just seen this in TK Maxx in York!! This was the only one there, and had no top coat to go with it either...
But I took the lid off and hid it at the other end of the store near homewares, so they won't be able to sell it now anyways :)
X

Wow the diehard CND brigade really are a strange bunch! Hardly worth risking getting asked to leave a store for really is it?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Wow the diehard CND brigade really are a strange bunch! Hardly worth risking getting asked to leave a store for really is it?

One person doing this and everyone else disagreeing hardly makes it a 'die hard brigade' issue! I love CND but don't need to go this far!!!

I might go into boots and swap all the hair colour around in the boxes (mwahahahaha) that stop my clients going in there and being tempted to touch up their roots themselves.

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

View attachment 77372

Just seen this in TK Maxx in York!! This was the only one there, and had no top coat to go with it either...
But I took the lid off and hid it at the other end of the store near homewares, so they won't be able to sell it now anyways :)
X

In a parallel universe, someone has bought that bottle of Vinylux. They got it home and realised they needed a top coat so went to a local salon who stocked Vinylux (because they already saw TK Maxx only had the one colour and, being TK Maxx, they probably wouldn't get any more). That salon then managed to up sell them a manicure with a Vinylux colour the client saw and loved and, not only did they buy the top coat, they bought the new colour too.

Didn't matter that the client could pick up Vinylux in TK Maxx, she was so impressed with the service from that salon, she went back every few weeks as a treat to herself.

That salon gained a new client, TK Maxx never sold any more Vinylux to that client. That's a win for the industry and a lose for retail giants looking to under cut small businesses to boost their profits.

Shame.

The best advice I ever received - "Work smarter, not harder". Thank you, geeks!!

View attachment 77372

X

I'm sorry, but why? To a non-professional its just nail varnish. It would probably get used once or twice and then lost in a drawer in a bedroom somewhere. Nobody really does repeat visits for the same item (I.e perfume, body lotion etc) to TK MAXX anyway. Its a pot luck type shop, so I can't imagine them having a long running supply of vinylux.

On the bright side. The more people see the big brand names, the more they want to buy it. And TK max can't supply on demand but us professionals can. It's fortunate that most salon brands are so hard to get from the shops that people will find stockist ie salons.

Latest posts

Back