Spa interview - need advice please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MelindaCH

Reaction score
I've been working from home trying to build my own business but as it is still slow to bring in decent revenue, I have applied for a part time massage therapist position at a 5 star spa.

I found out today they would like to interview me but I have never had an interview as a therapist before.

What do you normally wear to a therapist interview? And what is a trade test? What sort of questions are normally asked?

Thanks everyone :)

If you know you are having a trade test then wear your beauty uniform.
You will probably do a back massage,possibly demonstrate a facial and if they do manicures and pedis probably demonstrate your polishing skills.Might be a french,a dark colour or both.
Questions for a spa are likely to make sure you can stand up to the job as it is likely to be working hard with lots of massage and very long flexible hours.You will probably have to work late and work weekends.
You will also have to be comfortable doing both men and women so they may ask if you are comfortable with this.

Possibly a back massage and file & polish with dark or french or both. Liking massage, working under pressure and back to back. Treatment timings as back to back. Working with lots of girls. Hormones flying around. Weekend work, late night.

Thank you so much! Really helpful 😊

Latest posts

Back