Special treatment licence query

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beckismassage

Reaction score
Hiya lovelies,
Haven't been on here in such a long time as iv been on maternity leave.
Iv decided to go from mobile to home based but now I need a special treatment licence to do massage.
On the form it asks for 2 persons names and addresses whom have "knowledge" of the applicant (me). What does this mean? I struggled finding someone whom could sign my photo. I called the council numerous times but no answer every time so I thought I'd ask on here.
Also I'm looking at opening in September so the room isn't done yet can I still apply for the licence now as I'm aware it can take up to a couple of months.

Thank you x

Anyone? Has no one else been asked this on the form? X

Gosh, that's pretty vague.
Are there any accompanying notes with the application form that clarify in what capacity they need to have knowledge of you? If not, ask neighbour and a friend to sign it. Or one of your current clients?
If you originally trained via college, could you ask someone there to sign the form?
If they aren't very specific, I can't see how they could question your choice of signatory.

Also, am I the only one who feels the form was probably designed by a man to elicit sniggers? :eek::p

I have someone to sign my photo, but the 2 people it asks for are for the council to contact about me, doesn't say what they would contact them for either. There are no notes with the forms other than the list of signatories for photo. I don't have any clients as I haven't been working for about 2 yrs as I had to stop during early pregnancy. And I don't have many friends round here well none that would be contacted by council as they haven't known me for very long. This is proving very difficult lol, I did my training at college but that tutor has now retired so I can't even get her to do it. Ill keep trying the council and I will update once I get an answer incase someone else had to fill out this same form haha x

Oh great, it appears the only person who can deal with my query is away till next week! I need this form sorted asap :-( starting to stress now

This is the exact wording
Names and addresses of two persons having knowledge of the applicant and to whom the council can refer:

If it doesn't specify that they have to live locally, post it to a couple of family members or friends with a stamped addressed envelope for them to return it to you. They probably just want to check that you exist.

Most GP surgery's will sign official forms but they will make a charge as its not an essential medical service. You could try them and/or Opticians, Dentist etc.

I wouldn't get too stressed about it. There'll be far more stressing matters to bother with when you're running the business. ;)

Weird one. Don't let it stress you out though. I didn't have that question on my license but the council came round, had a quick look and gave me my license. They only really wanted to see that it looked safe enough and I had a fire extinguisher. They recommended I got a first aid kit too even though I work from home. Easy peasy x

Oh I didn't think of a fire extinguisher or a first aid kit! I have thought about risk assessments though as we have 2 stair gates on the stairs leading to the beauty room.
I phoned through to the switchboard in the end and got put through to the alcohol licence department who then got me through to the person I actually needed and not the number given on the form! Very helpful guy cleared it up, it can be anyone who knows me to say I'm not "dodgy" so iv got my neighbour to do one and he said to get my signatory to do the other one. Now to requote on house insurance and actually start getting the room ready lol x

Every council is different. Your GP should be able to sign for you. I hope you get it sorted out ok, good luck :)

Latest posts

Back