SPMU work conditions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

celestew85

Reaction score
To those of you who are trained in semi permanent make up would you be able to tell me what conditions your local council stipulated with regards to your room you work from if from home? I've been told I would need a wash basin with hot and cold water and some sort of Lino flooring not laminate as can have gaps. What else? As I'm currently working out all that is involved before I go ahead and pay for my training. Thanks

You will need to contact your local council regarding their own bylaws - each council differs x

Sent from my SM-G850F using SalonGeek mobile app

Yea I have and there sending out information. Was curious to hear what other people were informed by there council in the meantime

I looked into it with my local council after deciding on microblading as my next addition. Obviously it varies council to council but in my area is;
Room with a floor with no carpet or laminate (because of cracks).
Hands free sink.
Non-porous wipe clean surfaces.
A seperate room with a sink (that can have hand operated taps).
An autoclave in this extra 'dirty room' (their words).

Also a multitude of other things. In the end have decided the cost involved would be prohibative to the volume of interest I have about the treatment. I know for a fact there are local salons and even one local tattooist (!) That actually don't have this set up. I don't fancy a fine and nor would I ignore safety advice that is there for a reason. If I had more space would go for it though!

Yes definitely each council differs in what they require and some are a lot more stricter than others. My council require
A running hot and cold sink with elbow touch
Washable floor and wall coverings
Adequate lighting with natural lighting if possible
Room with as much free space as possible and no other treatments carried out to prevent cross contamination

Sent from my D5803 using SalonGeek mobile app

Mine want no touch taps...ie you wave your hand under them...Hep. B injections and infection control training.....but then I've just discovered I'm the only one daft enough to be asking them...they have not visited or enforced payment from any other salons in the council district offering it....and I've been paying over 10 years...infuriating, I did a freedom of information request only to be told just you!

Each council does seem to differ. I have just got my licenses. Mine stipulated a wash basin in the room or very near. They checked what would happen with the needles and hazardous waste. The room had to be very clean/clinical. The business needs a premises licence and the artist needs an activity licence. Both have to be on show in the room you would be working in

Latest posts

Back