Spray tan and eyebrow tint for 14 year old?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Classic

Reaction score
I have a potential client enquiring about a spray tan and an eyebrow tint I would of course do the treatments separately after a patch test but what's your view on her age? I have my own opinion just wanted to put it out there. Thanks

as always check with your insurance just to make sure your covered, I guess with parental consent you will probably be allowed to do the treatment. Personally I think its a shame as she is so young! I think children grow up far too quickly these days :(

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Check with insurance and have parental consent signed on the forms. In our salon anyone under 15 has to have an adult present for any treatment xx

If you don't want to do it just say no! Plus your insurance may not cover it depending on your policy

as always check with your insurance just to make sure your covered, I guess with parental consent you will probably be allowed to do the treatment. Personally I think its a shame as she is so young! I think children grow up far too quickly these days :(

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app
Hear hear! It's sad [emoji17]

If the parent and the daughter are both present and happy I see no problem.

I myself think its too young but thats just my opinion. Theres no way id be allowing my daughter to get spray tanning or tinting done at such a young age. There are however girls as young as 4 having it done for those ridiculous beauty pageants so i guess its just personal opinion. Having said that though, if the poor girl was getting teased about her appearance and having the treatment would boost her confidence then id do it so i guess im in two minds. I just think its a shame young girls are worrying about their appearance so early. I had my first spray tan at 19!!

even though 14 is very young, that age girls are looking up to people such as little mix etc.. These girls are forever in magazines stating they've had spray tans and use certain cosmetics.. young girls are just wanting to be like them! I know when I was that age I wanted to be sporty spice from spice girls, so always got a fake tattoo around my arm to be like her, times are changing, even though it is young, 14 isn't that bad! She's experimenting and being a 'teenager' .. I really wouldn't have a problem in doing it as long as parent /guardian is present and insurance covers that! [emoji4]

Tint at 14 no way but each to their own c

I know most parents are more relaxed about these things when they're on their summer holidays from school.

In any case, definitely check with your insurer. I think most are ok with a tan on an under 16 with parental consent but I think you need to be cautious about a brow tint. Check the box for the manufacturer's instructions.

Hairdressers shouldn't colour hair of an under 16yr old because the manufacturer's instructions advise against it. If you go against manufacturer's instructions and have a problem, your insurer might not cover you.

A make up lesson would be better, I think. :)

Latest posts

Back