Spray tan business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blondiekelg

Reaction score
Hi

I'm just after a bit of advice if anyone can help! I'm thinking of doing a spray tanning course and then eventually setting up my own spray tanning business. This is something i've been wanting to do for sometime but never had the time to do the training! I'm currently on maternity leave so thought i'd take the plunge and make the most of the time off and do some courses! I just wanted to know if there's much money to be made from doing this and is it worth doing other beauty treatments like nails etc to make more money? Is it easy to fit around kids etc? If anyone can give me some advice i'd really appreciate it! :)

Kelly x

hiya, im in same situation. Im just lookin into which spray tan product to use. Im goin to do a spray tan at my nearest salon warehouse...the courses are usually about £40. And to buy the kit it ranges from around 300-500 ish. il let u no if i find anymore out...hope this helps xxx

its very lucrative if you push yourself! a litre of solution costs from £30 and you can get 25 tans from a litre i charge 12.50 at my home salon and 20 if i go to them,i am doing on average 35 tans a week but the last few weeks have slowed up a little, Now is a good time to start up as you will be trained and confident for the christmas party season when it goes mad !! there is usually a couple of litres in a kit and that will recoup your start up costs

hiya, im in same situation. Im just lookin into which spray tan product to use. Im goin to do a spray tan at my nearest salon warehouse...the courses are usually about £40. And to buy the kit it ranges from around 300-500 ish. il let u no if i find anymore out...hope this helps xxx
The LA Tan kit is much cheaper than that, I'm sure! Around £200... :)

im just tryin to find la tan at the minute:) i just cant find the website xx

thanks chick x

Thanks everyone! I think im defo going to do it! Can anyone reccomend a good kit to use and cost to buy?

Suntana also do a start up kit, tent, machine and sum solution, poss bit cheaper than la tan ! their solution is lovely and v reasonable! Hope this helps xxx its def worth givin it a go anyway, bea(s workin 9 til 5! An its def worth lookin into other things, startin off with nvq in beauty therapy! Xx

Last edited:
Just looked at the suntana website and your right it is cheap its £175 for everything! thanks again x

ive bought the sunata kit its fab for the money... BUT a few on here have mentioned the standard gun/machine isn't so good for one tan after another, but it'll be fine for what i want it for..
i did the course with fake bake in warrington today :) and loved it..

i'm just trying out samples on people in the next week or so so i'll update my findings...

i am hoping to charge around £15-20....

i hope i do well :rolleyes:

Let me no how you get on with it :) its the best offer iv seen so might have to save my pennies lol xxx

Good luck, suntanas delivery is super quick too, next day but most of the top companies are the same! Let us know ur findings on the samples, I still got loads to get through too! But so far I have 3 favs...suntana, nouvatan and organics....lookin forward to tryin my new rapid tan by organics and the tantrick too!! Xxx

you can't go wrong with the organic range from tantrick or the organic rapid all are fab and give lovely colours. Machines wise you get what you pay for really so if you are hoping for your business to take off then you are better spending that bit more to get a better machine. I've got the minimist and have had that three years spraying and using it for training and never had a problem with it.

i can vouch for suntana already as that is what my therapist uses on me.
i have had the cherry.. very natural and fades nice... although slighty orangy on my skin, but most are orangy on me, even a holiday tan :cry:
the chocolate is more my bag... smells lush, nice deep tan, fades nice, and is more brown then orange..
the only prob is it is ever so slightly dark for day to day, more of a party/wedding/races tan
not had cocnut yet so will give that a go

i still have to try the organics rapid, fresh indulgence anti ageing and sienna x
all will be tested by end if the week
i will report back xx
i love tanning :)

Hi

I'm just after a bit of advice if anyone can help! I'm thinking of doing a spray tanning course and then eventually setting up my own spray tanning business. This is something i've been wanting to do for sometime but never had the time to do the training! I'm currently on maternity leave so thought i'd take the plunge and make the most of the time off and do some courses! I just wanted to know if there's much money to be made from doing this and is it worth doing other beauty treatments like nails etc to make more money? Is it easy to fit around kids etc? If anyone can give me some advice i'd really appreciate it! :)

Kelly x

Hi Kelly,

I am only a few weeks ahead of you - completed my training with Nouvatan which was fab. Been practicing like mad and am feeling confident.

My trainer gave me great advice - basically the money you make is up to you. It's what you put in. I work full time so this is an evening /weekend thing for me. Do a search on here for marketing and advertising tips. I found so many handy hints for ways to get my business to the full potential - I'm gonna give everything a go!

We'll have to keep each other updated!! :lol: xx

OOh will have to look at the Suntana. Keeley if you go for it let me know how you get on with it. I've arranged my training and have been told it's £60 for the course or £340 which includes the Nouvatan kit. Has anyone else used this and is it worth paying this or just pay for the course and shop around for the kit? Really hope this takes off cos really bored with the whole 9-5 job. At least i've got a few mths to make a go of it whilst im on maternity leave! :rolleyes:

Hi Kelly,

I am only a few weeks ahead of you - completed my training with Nouvatan which was fab. Been practicing like mad and am feeling confident.

My trainer gave me great advice - basically the money you make is up to you. It's what you put in. I work full time so this is an evening /weekend thing for me. Do a search on here for marketing and advertising tips. I found so many handy hints for ways to get my business to the full potential - I'm gonna give everything a go!

We'll have to keep each other updated!! :lol: xx

Aw that's brilliant! Have u got any bookings or anything yet? I usually work fulltime aswell but on maternity leave at the min. Really don't want to go back to my current job so this is why i want to do this cos i know this is something i'm going to really enjoy! Hopefully i'll be able to do some more courses in nails etc aswell. Going to do my training next week and got a friend who's going to organise my leaflets and things for me so it's all systems go! Thanks for the advertising and marketing tip, will look at that now. Good luck and let me know how you get on :lol: x

Aw that's brilliant! Have u got any bookings or anything yet? I usually work fulltime aswell but on maternity leave at the min. Really don't want to go back to my current job so this is why i want to do this cos i know this is something i'm going to really enjoy! Hopefully i'll be able to do some more courses in nails etc aswell. Going to do my training next week and got a friend who's going to organise my leaflets and things for me so it's all systems go! Thanks for the advertising and marketing tip, will look at that now. Good luck and let me know how you get on :lol: x

Yes I practiced on a few friends at a reduced rate and got my tent stuck a couple of times. (I made sure I picked friends with big social circles). So now I am gradually moving into official bookings. I have four bookings and one potential party i need to confirm a date for!

I am doing manicures and pedicures alongside it as I qualified in nails some years ago. I also qualified in Nail Extensions but I want to do some more practice before offering that as a service officially.

I just spend hours reading everyones tips and suggestions! Its great! :lol:

I trained with fake bake at my college, i bought a starter kit which cost me £290 with that i got the tent a bottle of solution and the machine.. i think it was well worth the money and i absolutley love the fake bake range it comes in two colours and is paraben free..and doesnt leave that horrible after smell some tans give as it has citrus in it, it leave a nice natural looking tan and isnt orange at all.

Latest posts

Back