Spray tan gun not spraying widely enough?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ellietans

Reaction score
Hi!
Looking for some advice, I've started my own mobile spray tanning business and bought a tanning essentials rapid spray tan system. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but the gun is not spraying as wide as I want it to, I was advised in training to have the touch control screen on 3 and the gun itself on 3/4 but I have tried all different combinations and the surface area I'm spraying is tiny! The largest spray I can get is with the touch screen control panel on the highest at 6 and the gun on 'c' which is only supposed to be for cleaning and even then the surface area is only about 2 inches wide! Has anyone had the same problem? It's taking me over half an hour to tan clients which is not great!
Any help would be great, thanks in advance!

xx

Hi!
Looking for some advice, I've started my own mobile spray tanning business and bought a tanning essentials rapid spray tan system. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but the gun is not spraying as wide as I want it to, I was advised in training to have the touch control screen on 3 and the gun itself on 3/4 but I have tried all different combinations and the surface area I'm spraying is tiny! The largest spray I can get is with the touch screen control panel on the highest at 6 and the gun on 'c' which is only supposed to be for cleaning and even then the surface area is only about 2 inches wide! Has anyone had the same problem? It's taking me over half an hour to tan clients which is not great!
Any help would be great, thanks in advance!

xx

I have a nice easy manual machine but I presume the head would be the same.

Set the settings to what it is supposed to be instead of what’s working.

Look at the end where the spray comes out.

If it is __ horizontal, the spray would come out vertically |

If it is | vertical the spray will be horizontal ___

This means if you turn the gun on it’s side and spray it it would be how it should be. To fix it, you should be able to untwist the end and turn it 45 degrees and put the cap back on.

Otherwise, test it with plain water on a tile so you can see the width, and go through each setting one at a time.

Get familiar with your gun components.

If it’s still not working you can call the company you bought it from and if it’s broken get a new one.

You might have a blocked nozzle. You could try running warm water through it. Also, what position have you got the nozzle? Have you got it set to spray from side to side or up and down? That effects the spray band width, although 2" doesn't sound right either way!
Has it been like this ever since you had it? If so, I would get in touch with Tanning Essentials and see what they suggest.

Thanks both for getting back so quickly!! I have the nozzle set at half past six and was taught to spray vertically . I’m putting tan in the gun and spraying on a piece of a4,I have just changed it round to quarter to three and it’s still the same only about 2 inches! I washed it through this morning again and put warm water through and cleaned the filter and then took the nozzle off completely and cleaned the tiny silver nozzle inside and still the same! I did my training and bought the kit last sep but only starting to do lots of tans now and watching YouTube videos of others it’s taking 5 minutes to tan with a wider range of spray so mine obviously has a problem - my tan tonight took almost 40 minutes!!:(
I’m pretty sure there’s a year warrante on the kit so hope tanning essentials can do something although I’m feeling like swapping it all together as it seems like such a big gun compared to something like the sienna x ones! Do you have any you would recommend? Thanks again!

Thanks both for getting back so quickly!! I have the nozzle set at half past six and was taught to spray vertically . I’m putting tan in the gun and spraying on a piece of a4,I have just changed it round to quarter to three and it’s still the same only about 2 inches! I washed it through this morning again and put warm water through and cleaned the filter and then took the nozzle off completely and cleaned the tiny silver nozzle inside and still the same! I did my training and bought the kit last sep but only starting to do lots of tans now and watching YouTube videos of others it’s taking 5 minutes to tan with a wider range of spray so mine obviously has a problem - my tan tonight took almost 40 minutes!!:(
I’m pretty sure there’s a year warrante on the kit so hope tanning essentials can do something although I’m feeling like swapping it all together as it seems like such a big gun compared to something like the sienna x ones! Do you have any you would recommend? Thanks again!
Definitely get back to Tanning Essentials and hopefully they'll sort you out. I've got the Pro-V which I got from LA Tanning and the gun leaked constantly. They sent me 2 new guns without question, so hopefully Tanning Essentials will be as helpful. The Pro-V is smaller than the Rapid Tan but it does get quite warm, so if you're going to be doing back to back tans it might not be A good choice. Prior to that I had/still have the TS20 machine which is more basic in design, but very reliable ( I e was from Crazy Angel, but it's identical to the small Siena X one) x

can you attach a photo on here or send one?

Definitely get back to Tanning Essentials and hopefully they'll sort you out. I've got the Pro-V which I got from LA Tanning and the gun leaked constantly. They sent me 2 new guns without question, so hopefully Tanning Essentials will be as helpful. The Pro-V is smaller than the Rapid Tan but it does get quite warm, so if you're going to be doing back to back tans it might not be A good choice. Prior to that I had/still have the TS20 machine which is more basic in design, but very reliable ( I e was from Crazy Angel, but it's identical to the small Siena X one) x
Hi Hun. What setting did you have on the ts20? I've got mine between 6-5 probably and im never sure if that's enough.. x

Hi Hun. What setting did you have on the ts20? I've got mine between 6-5 probably and im never sure if that's enough.. x

I haven't used my TS20 for ages but I'm pretty sure it was set between 8-9 (if it was a clock). Do you test the spray on a sheet of couch roll first to check the flow? X

I haven't used my TS20 for ages but I'm pretty sure it was set between 8-9 (if it was a clock). Do you test the spray on a sheet of couch roll first to check the flow? X
Yes I have in the past.. I think it's fine but I tend to use under 50ml per tan so that's why I was wondering. I'll do the couch roll test today just to double check. Many thanks x

Latest posts

Back