Spray tan gun splutter

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hair_addict_extensions

Reaction score
I've just had one of my regulars round for a spray tan & do everything I usually do, begin to spray her & nothing's coming out, so I turn the machine of to check it & the gun just gave out a big splutter all over my client. I wiped her down quickly, removed the gun tried to give it a flush through, attempted again & same thing happened! Any ideas?

What kind of gun is it? Not a ts20?

I don't think so, just has a look underneath HV5008

You need to strip your gun down and clean it properly. You also need to take out your filter and clean it with soapy water. I also had a problem recently spraying a client (luckily my friend) and it stopped spraying. Turned out I had pushed the weight up the pick up tube too far, tube had stretched and weight kept falling out hence why I pushed it up a little. I replaced the pick up tube with the new spare I had and its been fine since.

This video by Nouvatan's Steve should help. The gun on 5008 is the same as the TS20. The compressor is the same as the TS50's!

http://www.salongeek.com/skin-geek/167996-maximist-ts20-gun-cleaning-set-up-video.html

Yeah I had the ts20 and it lasted about 4 months and the just stopped working followed the you tube video for stripping the gun and it didn't work. Then one day when I got a new machine I tried it and it was fine x

Sounds like the 'pipe' going from the gun into the solution is on the wrong 'hole' ... Make sure it's connected to the one closest to the trigger (this happened to me while using another techs gun)

Sorry been a long day lol! Some really good advice thankyou! Will check all of these xx

Latest posts

Back