Spray tan insurance if not patch testing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunkissed_x

Reaction score
Hi All

I'm new to Salon Geek and the industry so firstly I'd like to say hello! I hope you're all enjoying this bank holiday weekend.

I recently attended my Fake Bake training day for spray tanning. We were not patch tested for the spary tans applied on that day and it was explained that although patch testing is recommended some insurers will insure you even if you do not patch test prior to spray tanning.

I understand and appreciate the importance of patch testing but as a mobile technician I don't think patch testing will always be practical.

The insurers I have spoken with require patch testing. I did broach the idea of posting patch tests but some insurers do not like this either as it is possible that the client will not carry out the test.

Does anyone have insurance which will cover them for spray tanning even if they do not patch test? and if yes, which insurance company is this with?

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide :D xx

Im insured with professional beauty and they said that if I was trained to carry out a patch test then I have to perform one. If not taught to patch test, then thats fine also. it was all down to how I was taught

Im insured with salon gold and was told by them to follow my chosen brands instructions I.e patch testing. I use sienna x and they said to patch test only if a client has had a reaction before or if they have sensitive skin. Hth xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek

Thank you both so much for your replies.

I have training with Sienna X on Wednesday so I will go from there and perhaps use Sienna X products and insure with Salon Gold.

:D

Hi everyone, hope your all doing well,
I use FakeBake - I always patch test every new client/ ESP those who have never had a professional tan.
I would say that if something happened your ins would say that you should have done one !!
Just cover yourself at all times tbh, it only takes seconds and could save you thousands of pounds!!!
And I also read on a thread a few weeks ago about a client who had a bad reaction, or it may have been a new therapist.
I'll try and find the thread tho.

It onl

Thank you so much for your replies, it looks like patch testing will be essential xx

Horrendous reaction to tan - Salon Geek

Here's the thread ladies.
It def made me realise I'm not ott with my patch testing.

Xxx

Just read this , this is so so scary ,could you imagine if that was her whole body! it does make you realise tho that patch testing needs to be done , although i was trained with sienna x and nothing was mentioned about patch testing, which seems bad? Its annoying too as i wish clients would see why we need to patch test but sometimes get very irritated then go somewhere else and you then lose money , but i suppose i would rather lose £20 than have to go through insurance spend thousands and have reputation damaged , thanks for sharing the stroy much appreciated ! x

Latest posts

Back