Spray tan nightmare

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Empress Patel

Reaction score
Morning all. Ok lasnight I did a spray tan party for a hen do, during each tan my TS50 Helia gun decided to foam and drip from the cup(not the nozzle) which was very annoying and an inconvenience as I had to keep stopping and mopping it up. The girls were very understanding and were patient. Any way I did the tans eventually and left, woke up this morning to a message from one of the girls saying none of the girls tans had come out!!! I'm so upset and embarrassed, the girls are so being lovely about it and I have told them I will give them a full refund. Why did this happen? I made sure the spray was coming out by doing the couch roll test before each tan! Please help!

The only thing I can think of is maybe your solution is out

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using SalonGeek mobile app

Sorry was meant to say out of date

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using SalonGeek mobile app

That foaming and bubbling leaking thing happens to me when I've got too much solution in the cup. If I have a couple of tans at the same place, I tend to overfill the cup and this happens.

As to why they didn't come out… ask one of them to send you a pic. You sometimes get this mass hysteria when you tan groups.

I agree with lalalayla. I'd go and see their tan. Sometimes people get used to the guide colour being dark once its rinsed off and its paler they think its not come out. If I'm doing a lot of consecutive tans I wipe round the top of the cup after a couple stops it leaking. If my solutions is out of date it tends to be a khaki green colour rather than choc brown.
Hope this helps but def see the tans before offering refunds x

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using SalonGeek mobile app

Thankyou for ur replies, I got one of the girls to send me a pick and she hadn't got a tan at all, she looks pretty much the same as she did lasnight. I did exactly that, I wiped round the nozzle before the tan. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1400831969.629309.jpgshe sent me this and as you can see the tan has not taken, she is still as pale as before and that was using a 12%

This might be a long shot, but my gun was leaking and not tanning properly and when we took it apart, we found a small strip of paper (from a bottle of solution) wedged in the needled. This was stopping the solution coming out and causing the frothing.

Try taking your gun apart and giving it a good rinse, and see what comes out x

I agree with taking your gun apart and giving it a good clean. I also find soaking my needle in a lime scale solution overnight every couple of weeks really helps too x

Latest posts

Back