Spray tan on hands and feet - tip, please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JulieJ

Reaction score
I've recently trained in spray tanning and I'm really enjoying it. I've sprayed family and friends with good results but my problem areas are hands and feet. I try my best to get a light, even coverage but it's either too light and they end up looking pale or it's too much and leaves nasty edges. Please help, thank you

I've recently trained in spray tanning and I'm really enjoying it. I've sprayed family and friends with good results but my problem areas are hands and feet. I try my best to get a light, even coverage but it's either too light and they end up looking pale or it's too much and leaves nasty edges. Please help, thank you

well done on completing your training and rest assured hands and feet are generally the most difficult to get right

on both hands and feet make sure as you come down on the stroke that as you get to the ankle and wrist that you start to pull the gun further out so that there is no margin due to stop starting.

You will only through usage get the amount of solution applied correctly

Generally speaking the same coverage to hands as the body however less to the feet as while you are doing the other body parts solution will drop onto feet

Also make sure there is some means to soak up any falling or overspray solution on the floor to prevent solution getting onto the soles of the feet and "grabbing"

Likewise with the palms of hands...a light application of moisturiser applied before the application will also help prevent solution getting into tis area and again causing "grabbing" problems

Additionally you might want to recommend that the customer again lightly moisturises her palms when he/she retires to sleep during the development time of the tan ...likewise the same for the person that maybe shares the same bed .....so easy to get developing solution onto the palms of hands in the night

HTH and keep up the practice :hug:

Thak you Collin, that's a great help. Can you tell me what to use as a barrier cream, please? When I did my training we used Vaseline and put crosses on the elbows and knees. But after spraying, the models had white cross marks left. I didn't quite understand that. I thought the barrier cream was supposed to lessen the grabbing of the tan, not completely block it? Is that correct? thanks

Thak you Collin, that's a great help. Can you tell me what to use as a barrier cream, please? When I did my training we used Vaseline and put crosses on the elbows and knees. But after spraying, the models had white cross marks left. I didn't quite understand that. I thought the barrier cream was supposed to lessen the grabbing of the tan, not completely block it? Is that correct? thanks

no problem whatsoever

I am not an advocate of the use of barrier creams such as Vaseline simply for the very reason you are having problems...its far to viscos and blocks almost everything and leaves white untanned marks where the Vaseline was applied :eek:

there is a balance to be had here.....however the client really does need to do there prep properly before the application in removing all dead skin build up.. particularly elbows and knees...if done properly you should not need to use any barrier cream at all

that said we live in a real worlds and not everyone does prep properly so if there are any areas that might "grab" put a light application of a everyday moisturiser to this area which should be more than sufficient to give that additional protection and therefore reduce the risk of grabbing occurring

Latest posts

Back