Spray tan room

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blutopaz

Reaction score
Hi all im trying to make plans for my potential new salon and would like to put a room in for a someone to come in and spray tan in.....

how big would be a comfy size be with out taking up to much needed room else where ( i dont want to skrimp but i cant afford to loose space either)

what kind of ventilation do i need or is a pop up tent with built in ventilation enough?

is a pop up tent the standard for a salon room or is there more solid equipment to use?

any other info would be great to

Many thanks :)

Hi all im trying to make plans for my potential new salon and would like to put a room in for a someone to come in and spray tan in.....

how big would be a comfy size be with out taking up to much needed room else where ( i dont want to skrimp but i cant afford to loose space either)

what kind of ventilation do i need or is a pop up tent with built in ventilation enough?

is a pop up tent the standard for a salon room or is there more solid equipment to use?

any other info would be great to

Many thanks :)

Hi Blu,
you definitely need adequate ventilation and self contained units can be purchased that fit into the back of the pop up tent or you can simply place the unit on the floor near the working area.

There are suppliers of fixed screens with/without built in extract modules and you could expect to pay between £1,000 and £3000.

You don't need to much space at all..size of a small kitchen is adequate....although there needs to be adequate space/area for your customers to change in privacy.

Good luck with your new venture :hug:

thanks collin, thats really helpful :)

Thats the size i could invisage but wanted to ask the experts :)

so if i rented the room out do u think i need to supply the pop up tent as well or just give them the room to bring all their own stuff?

what kind of other things to i need in there for the spray tanner? any cupboards or a tent and a change screen is about enough?

I didnt realise how clueless i was on this sorry :(

In my last salon we had such a tiny room (not sure on the actual dimensions) we had the st tropez unit with built in ventilation which you will deffo need particularly if its a small room. We had nothing in the room except the tanning unit and the booth that the clients stand in. We just put hooks up behind the door with hangers for the clients clothes and fortunately there was a low windowsill that we used to keep the paper knicks, mitts, and barrier cream on.
One thing i would say - dont paint the walls a light colour like my old salon did!!! An old boss of mine had a similar sized room and put lino up on the walls so that after each tan we used to get a sponge mop and mop the walls - so much easier!!!
xXx

thanks collin, thats really helpful :)

Thats the size i could invisage but wanted to ask the experts :)

so if i rented the room out do u think i need to supply the pop up tent as well or just give them the room to bring all their own stuff?

what kind of other things to i need in there for the spray tanner? any cupboards or a tent and a change screen is about enough?

I didnt realise how clueless i was on this sorry :(

Ok if your looking to rent the room out to a spray tan therapist either on a profit share or weekly/monthly rental basis they will know what and provide all the equipment needed for them to do their job satisfactorily.

From your perspective as a salon owner...you do need to think which route would be best for you from an income perspective..weekly rent is fine but its consistent...with a profit share if the therapist is any good and you also market the service alongside your other services then you could gain much more revenue out of the deal

Good luck choosing :hug:

Thanks guys for the replies,

I currently rent my chair per day where i am at the mo, so realise all the options for revenue, pitfalls and benefits etc, its more the standard of fitting out before i rent the room that i need a bit more info on.

Iv been having a rethink and think i may stretch to a bigger room for a beauty therapist to use as well as a spray tannist, or someone to do both.

is it quite realisitic to have both services in one room?

thanks again guys :) much appreciated xx

Latest posts

Back