Spray tanning & renting out a room - good or bad idea?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siennax1

Reaction score
Hello, I do mobile, but am also thinking about renting a room once a week.

Do you think this is a bad idea or could it work?? I may attract a different type of client and as it's there for them to see, it could make clients think, oh I'll give that a go!

And also, could I get away with doing 'walk ins' and prepare them myself? Bearing in mind though they may not have the right clothing on!

Any opinions would be appreciated

Unfortunately it is only you that can answer this one ...make sure you look at both the positive and negative implications of growing your business.

It could bring you in more customers but then again not :eek:

When considering such a move always ,having looked at the pro's and con's consider the worst case scenario...if it fails will it ruin me..if the answer to that is yes...then its probably wise not to go ahead.

Good luck and make sure you do plenty of local research and lots of maths before taking the leap :hug:

Unfortunately it is only you that can answer this one ...make sure you look at both the positive and negative implications of growing your business.

It could bring you in more customers but then again not :eek:

When considering such a move always ,having looked at the pro's and con's consider the worst case scenario...if it fails will it ruin me..if the answer to that is yes...then its probably wise not to go ahead.

Good luck and make sure you do plenty of local research and lots of maths before taking the leap :hug:

Oh yea I wont jump in! My priority is mobile, but it would be nice to work somewhere one day a week and would want to stick with tanning. What do you mean by it ruining me? My intention is to try it as you never know.
I wont give up mobile at all as that is what I have spent alot of time advertising on in the first place :hug:

Oh yea I wont jump in! My priority is mobile, but it would be nice to work somewhere one day a week and would want to stick with tanning. What do you mean by it ruining me? My intention is to try it as you never know.
I wont give up mobile at all as that is what I have spent alot of time advertising on in the first place :hug:

I don't mean it will/could ruin you...like with any business expansion idea...always make sure that in the worse case scenario that things don't work out as planned that it wont cost you your business.

Im sure if you negotiate the correct terms with the room provider and agree a trail period that is on a causal flexible arrangement without any default penalties in terms of you maybe giving up the room in the event it doesn't work them im sure everything will be fine :hug:

Do you think that you will derive additional custom from customers that visit the premises?

I don't mean it will/could ruin you...like with any business expansion idea...always make sure that in the worse case scenario that things don't work out as planned that it wont cost you your business.

Im sure if you negotiate the correct terms with the room provider and agree a trail period that is on a causal flexible arrangement without any default penalties in terms of you maybe giving up the room in the event it doesn't work them im sure everything will be fine :hug:

Do you think that you will derive additional custom from customers that visit the premises?

Morning Colling, yes that's what I'm thinking and that's why I'm thinking about it. You just don't know unless you give it a go. I'm not the type of person to think everything will run smoothly and I'm allways aware of that. But the way I think is to try these things( WITHIN REASON) you know, take a risk. At least you'll know if it doesn't work, don't do it again :hug:

Morning Colling, yes that's what I'm thinking and that's why I'm thinking about it. You just don't know unless you give it a go. I'm not the type of person to think everything will run smoothly and I'm allways aware of that. But the way I think is to try these things( WITHIN REASON) you know, take a risk. At least you'll know if it doesn't work, don't do it again :hug:

Well go for it and the very best of luck to you :hug:

Well go for it and the very best of luck to you :hug:

Cheers Collin, will let you know if I do decide to go ahead :)

Latest posts

Back