Square layering

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clare_bear

Reaction score
just ickle ol me again, re: my trade test this week. I've been told to do a square layering technique. I am very familiar with it. the problem is, whenever i did this technique in college there always seemed to be a weight line around the perimeter, so my tutor (who was a complete bitch) always used to tell me i was doing it wrong and that there shouldn't be a weight line there. all the dvds i have watched all seem to leave the hair out from the occipital down.

all the dvds i have watched just layer the hair from the occipital up, this therefore means that the perimeter is disconnected to the internal layering?

when i have used this technique in the salon i have been happy with the outcome, but worry that for a trade test, they may see the disconnection as a mistake?

am i layering wrongly?

please please guys help i;m loosing sleep over this trade test, i want this new job soooo much!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
they are bound to understand that there are different variations to wot they want? ask them on the day how they prefer it cos u were trained in two different ways

Thanks for that. am gonna explain to them that i know both methods then explain why i think the method i'm using is suitable to my client.

thanks scotty!
x

They will be looking more at how even the cut is regarding the length at weight at the sides. When you explain your cut, it's perfectly ok to say you have disconncted at the occipital. Best of luck x

you seem to know what your talking about.......
both are fine to do,
and also you need totake in account the thickness/yexture of the clients hair as some one with really fine hair would appreciate the weght line so it looks thicker if that makes sense?? x

Latest posts

Back