Staff incentives

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geminikelli

Reaction score
Hi all

I have this week been restructuring the commission structure and am looking at other incentives to give staff and was wondering what others do.

Id like to run competitions as such for rebookings and such like but not sure how to do this and my biggest fear is the girls will be too focused on these I don't want any underhand activities going on.

So what do other salon owners do for staff?

Or any suggestions ideas would be appreciated x

I have 2 schemes running.

1st. Bonus on all treatments preformed. 25p per 15 minutes. I have a list of all treatments and how long I expect them to be done in and then that dictates how much bonus they get. They get no more if it takes longer but I don't cut it down if they are done quicker so. There's no encouragement to rush, and there is incentive to stick to timings. My receptionist goes through the appointment book and ads up the bonus weekly. For example EBW - 15 mins - 25p 1/2 leg wax - 30 mins - 50p luxury facial - 1 hour - £1

That is on top of normal wage.

2nd. Just started officially today but it actually went into action yesterday. Every month I will be setting a target. We have to reach this as a team. This month it is to get 60% of our clients to re-book before they leave. We will work together to achieve this. Also as a bit of fun and healthy competition I will reward the best performing member of staff - they're individual re-booking rate has to be higher than 60%. I will probably reward the group target with a percentage of the value of re-bookings? Haven't quite figured that out yet. But the winner of the individual challenge wil get their phot in the Employee of the Month frame and get a gift voucher.

There will be a new target each month, I won't roll it over even if we don't make target to keep things fresh. What ever I feel we are lacking/not achieving ill work out the way to set it as a target. I employ 3 therapists and trust them not to try and get more out of me of to rig the results. You just need to find a way to manage it.

Good luck x

Different people are motivated by different things. Maybe if its a small team speak to them individually or hold a staff meeting.

Well personally with in a small team I dont like competition between us all. What about a group target? if the target gets met you take them out for tea together? Thats what id like if it were me xx

in salons ive worked in we used to get commision on what we sold as well as commision on targets met....also there were constant competitions run to sell the most amount of xyz and there was a prize, usually something that had been given by wholesalers etc....

We're doing a Christmas raffle at the mo for a pamper package and the person who sells the most gets a bottle of wine! When I suggested a prize they said wine!

Before I worked for myself doing beauty I was an incentives co-ordinater.
You don't say what the size of your business is or whether you do many retail sales but I would suggest keeping it really simple and do the first employee to reach, say 5, sales of product x ( works well with a new, fairly pricey item ie ghds) and the prize is the item you are selling.
Then do a quarterly team target based on beating the income for that quarter the previous year with, as previously suggested, a team night out or whatever.
Hope this is helpful x

Latest posts

Back