Staff rant!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember reading that one persianista! It astounded me as even in non hairdressing jobs I have always been expected to be ready to be with customers etc. from 9 on the dot.

I am currently now trying to find my first employee and it is driving me absolutely crazy. I have advertised on here, gumtree, facebook and the jobcentre website.

No response on here or facebook ... only one on gumtree from somebody in Italy.
And the jobcentre ... don't even get me started! 50 applications and only 2 that even got as far as a second reading (0 that got as far as me emailing or phoning them sadly). I put in the advert that if you didn't send me a covering letter with info about a, b and c as well as your C.V then you not get a reply ... only 2 sent the covering letter. 3 people sent blank C.Vs, 3 people applied despite living in London, Sheffield and Cornwall somewhere - and my salon being near Liverpool. Hardly anybody had any experience and 1 person hadn't even studied hairdressing but "loves duin my hair and nails for the weekend"

.....I am so agitated and I haven't even reached interview stages!

What is wrong with people?!

I remember reading that one persianista! It astounded me as even in non hairdressing jobs I have always been expected to be ready to be with customers etc. from 9 on the dot.

I am currently now trying to find my first employee and it is driving me absolutely crazy. I have advertised on here, gumtree, facebook and the jobcentre website.

No response on here or facebook ... only one on gumtree from somebody in Italy.
And the jobcentre ... don't even get me started! 50 applications and only 2 that even got as far as a second reading (0 that got as far as me emailing or phoning them sadly). I put in the advert that if you didn't send me a covering letter with info about a, b and c as well as your C.V then you not get a reply ... only 2 sent the covering letter. 3 people sent blank C.Vs, 3 people applied despite living in London, Sheffield and Cornwall somewhere - and my salon being near Liverpool. Hardly anybody had any experience and 1 person hadn't even studied hairdressing but "loves duin my hair and nails for the weekend"

.....I am so agitated and I haven't even reached interview stages!

That's really bad! 😬 some ppl just apply for jobs cos they have to be seen to be applying otherwise their benefits stop!!
But just bare in mind.. Yes u may be getting ppl applying from other areas of the country but don't disregard them for that if they could be a potential candidate... You never know what their circumstances are? They maybe are looking to relocate, they are maybe originally from your area or maybe are willing to do anything to get their perfect job. I've moved hundreds of miles away before for jobs. Xx

Nicola! Xxx

I just dont know who some of these interviewees think they are! I just need another me and itl be perfect :lick:
All joking aside though Im pretty desperate for someone and ive advertised different places and just cant find anyone. And another thing, this was before I advertised, i got loads of girls and we all know the ones, orange skin, daisy the cow lashes, all want to "be a beautician" type of girl coming in and saying "have ya gor any jobs cos i done me gelish certificate". Oh lord.

The thing that bugs me is the amount of hassling and chasing some of them do. The last role I advertised I got nothing but drivel, and every single person kept nagging by phone, email, etc etc saying "GI'US A JOB!"

I eventually closed the advert and started again after it died down in a couple of weeks. Blegggh.

Latest posts

Back