Stamping help & advice needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lakeside Beauty

Reaction score
Ladies ladies Ladies,
I am about to throw a major tantrum here I just can't get my stamper to pick up from plate!!! I have two kits One is Konad & the other is MoYou. I have cleaned plates with Acetone Nail Polish Remover & I've buffered the scampers then cleaned with Acetone, but no matter what I still can not get it to work.

Plz Plz Plz someone help me before I drive myself in sain.

Dont clean the stampers with any liquids at all. They will absorb it. You need a sticky roller or cellotape to clean it. Also make sure your acetone to wipe the stamping plate is not nourishing remover but pure acetone. Nourishing remover has oils and is sticky ☺

Hey, i didnt know you were'nt supposed to use acetone on stampers. Ive been using it for ages on my moyou squishy stamper and ive never had any problems at all. What kind of polish are you trying to stamp with? Not all polishes work well :) X

I'm using the MoYou & Konad polishes that came with the kits

Speed is the key. You need to be quick picking the image up as soon as you've scraped. Silly question, but you have took the film off the plates?

They both should be fine for stamping although personally i prefer konad, especially their black and white. I definitley agree with debilour that speed is key. The quicker the better. Also try rolling your stamper across the image as opposed to punching straight down onto it and then roll it onto the nail. I hope this helps a little. Stamping is great once you get the hang of it. Im an addict :) :) X

They both should be fine for stamping although personally i prefer konad, especially their black and white. I definitley agree with debilour that speed is key. The quicker the better. Also try rolling your stamper across the image as opposed to punching straight down onto it and then roll it onto the nail. I hope this helps a little. Stamping is great once you get the hang of it. Im an addict :) :) X
I had the exact same problem...

I was scraping too hard...you need a light touch when scraping & change your scraper.
I now use a credit card style scraper and have never looked back. Hth

Latest posts

Back