Stamping - hints and tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swilks12

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am a L3 nails lecturer and I am wanting to show my students some extra things they can do (off curriculum) and was going to show them stamping and wondered if anyone could recommend any tutorial videos etc that I might be able to use?

Thanks

Good for you, teaching them something that not on the curriculum - I wish my tutors were as interested in their subject as you.

There are loads of different stamping systems to use but they are all done in pretty much the same way. Put polish on engraved plate, scrape excess away, pick up image with rubberised stamper thingy (not sure what its called lol) and gentle press to nail. Im sure there are loads of tutorials on YouTube.

Personally I use the Konad & BM plates.

Karaxxx

Hi all,

I am a L3 nails lecturer and I am wanting to show my students some extra things they can do (off curriculum) and was going to show them stamping and wondered if anyone could recommend any tutorial videos etc that I might be able to use?

Thanks

Fair play for showing them new things, my college tutors said we were going to do extra courses with us when they can such as gel polish, ear piercing, hot stones, intimate waxing and we didn't do one of them :( I use konad and love it :) xx

Thank you for the links xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi guys, just a quick question. I am looking at buying the Konad stamps, can you only use their 'stamping polishes' or can you use any nail polishes? Also, would it work if I used my Gelish colours? Xx

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi guys, just a quick question. I am looking at buying the Konad stamps, can you only use their 'stamping polishes' or can you use any nail polishes? Also, would it work if I used my Gelish colours? Xx

It's all trial and error...I find some opi and Barry m polishes work...they have to be of a thicker consistency...I just buy stamping polishes as I know they work every time. I have tried using shellac and it doesn't work and leaves my plates a mess...I don't use konad I prefer moyou..not sure if gelish would be the same..I love stamping I have over 30 moyou plates and 40BM it's amazing when you have the patience to get used to it and some images are amazing especially decals x

It's all trial and error...I find some opi and Barry m polishes work...they have to be of a thicker consistency...I just buy stamping polishes as I know they work every time. I have tried using shellac and it doesn't work and leaves my plates a mess...I don't use konad I prefer moyou..not sure if gelish would be the same..I love stamping I have over 30 moyou plates and 40BM it's amazing when you have the patience to get used to it and some images are amazing especially decals x

Totally agree - the Barry M foil effects are brilliant (much better than the Konad Silver and gold). There are some great resources out there on which polishes work e.g.http://www.messymansion.com.au/tutorials/polishes-that-stamp/

And also some blogs for tips - Sammy at The Nailasaurus | UK Nail Art Blog is great and stamps lots

I think konad black and white are great, along with the Barry M silver, gold and lilac foils. I also have about 5 or 6 Kiko foil/metallic polishes which work really well. Generally any polish that is opaque in one coat will work :)

Thank you xxx

Latest posts

Back