Stamping

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

southerntech

Reaction score
So my first try at Stamping was a disaster. However after watching a few YouTube tutorials I've given it another try. Now I'm ready to invest more $ and time.
How important is stamping polish? Can I use any brand of is there a brand you use that works for you?
Plates? What brands do you like and it dislike?
Tips??? Please any tips you wanna throw at me will certainly be very helpful!

I do a lot of stamping and have found the best combo for me is the Mundo de Unas stamping polish with the Creative Shop stamper.
This combo seems to work on most plates I have, which are: MoYou, Bundle Monster and Born Pretty.

Metallic polishes can be better to use for stamping than others. The MdU Metallic ones are beautiful. But I have almost every colour in the MdU range and they all stamp well.

I also use a lint remover to remove the excess pattern left on the stamper head. I never use acetone.

Hope that helps :)

Hi!! I am following this thread as also struggling with stamping!! I was also thinking that I might be better getting some stamping polishes, I really want to get this mastered as there is so much you can do with it. Sorry I can't help but will be watching for advise!! X

Stamping looks so easy! But when you actually do it you realise you're easily fooled. I have the MoYou plates and polish which I know are good so I think it's my rubbish technique and lack of patience.

Watch Sarah r on YouTube she's amazing - you'll get so many tips and ideas for products to use (although cut up your credit card first she's made me spend waay to much money :) x

Hi :) I had a hard time at first with stamping as well. But now I absolutely love it. I use MoYou London plates and I also use Bundle Monster plates. I love the bundle monster plates because it is usually around $20.00 for 25 plates on amazon. The MoYou London plates are a little bit more and come from the UK. I'd say about 10 usd. They are great though. Sometimes I have heard of people having a hard time with stamping because if the plate was not cut correctly, or didn't have a groove deep enough then they would have an issue getting a clear stamp. Their are several polishes out there made just for stamping. But I have found if you are quick you can use other drug store polishes. I usually find that sally hansen and ICE polishes work for stamping. But I have tried a lot of them.

I was using MdU paint and loved it. However, I understand that there is now a problem getting it in the UK (something to do with unknown ingredients, there was another post on here). So I'm looking for something else that works as well that MdU. I didn't really like the Konad or Moyou, just not dense enough. MdU seems more like an acrylic paint than a nail polish, which makes me wonder if anyone has ever tried acrylic nail art paint for stamping. I would give it a go myself but I don't have any nail art paint! Anyone ever tried it?

I was using MdU paint and loved it. However, I understand that there is now a problem getting it in the UK (something to do with unknown ingredients, there was another post on here). So I'm looking for something else that works as well that MdU. I didn't really like the Konad or Moyou, just not dense enough. MdU seems more like an acrylic paint than a nail polish, which makes me wonder if anyone has ever tried acrylic nail art paint for stamping. I would give it a go myself but I don't have any nail art paint! Anyone ever tried it?
OHH I did!! haha it was way to watery and once I stamped it was smearing. But maybe if it wasn't as watery it could work.

All that jazz polish from nail harmony uk is a great polish to stamp with. I've tried a few stamping polishs but nothing compares :)

cnd vinylux stamps well too! x

Watch Sarah r on YouTube she's amazing - you'll get so many tips and ideas for products to use (although cut up your credit card first she's made me spend waay to much money :) x

Cut up your credit card and use it for a scraper AFTER you bought everything!

I use moyou plates.. So good and lots to choose from. I have their marshmallow stamper it's big and squeegee.. and I use sellotape to take off the excess from around the nail and on my stamper

I do a lot of stamping and have found the best combo for me is the Mundo de Unas stamping polish with the Creative Shop stamper.
This combo seems to work on most plates I have, which are: MoYou, Bundle Monster and Born Pretty.

Metallic polishes can be better to use for stamping than others. The MdU Metallic ones are beautiful. But I have almost every colour in the MdU range and they all stamp well.

I also use a lint remover to remove the excess pattern left on the stamper head. I never use acetone.

Hope that helps :)

I use MdU polishes, a Creative Shop stamper and a lint roller as well! Only pure acetone to clean the plates and NOT the stamper. I have Born Pretty plates and various others that I have purchased from ebay. I haven't purchased any plates that don't work.
I have a few Models Own metallics that work nicely too but they dry fast. I have some China Glaze metallics, Vinylux and Sally Hansen Chrome (I won't use Sally Hansen on clients).
My MdU polishes are by far my faves!
I failed miserably with my first attempt too. I was given a kit that just did not work for me. I learned from Sarah R.'s youtube videos, picked up the correct supplies and I was finally successful.
The photo is my newest mani with Shellac "Tundra", blue pigment for an Ombre effect, Mother of Pearl and Black MdU.

Attachments

• IMG_4622(1).JPG
    IMG_4622(1).JPG
    380 KB · Views: 96
Im just starting out and want to get a stamping kit too. Im using LeChat Perfect Match. Can I just use the LeChat UV polish and cure it under the lamp instead if using the stamping polishes and having to wait for them to dry?

Im just starting out and want to get a stamping kit too. Im using LeChat Perfect Match. Can I just use the LeChat UV polish and cure it under the lamp instead if using the stamping polishes and having to wait for them to dry?
Stamping polishes dry pretty much instantaneously , so the most you'd have to wait is a few seconds. Gel polish will not give you enough pigmentation.

Thanks for all the input, I'm goi,g to watch some of Sarah's videos now!
Oh one more question... Anyone have any luck using acrylic paint when stamping?

Latest posts

Back