Starting 7303 in april...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fufa

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I'm starting City and Guilds 7303 at college in April. I just wondered if anyone who's doing/completed the course had any advice that might give me a ''head's up'' before I start. What subjects did you choose to microteach etc...
I'm looking forward to it but slightly apprehensive at the same time...gonna have to use my brain for a change :)
Any advice would be appreciated....
thanks Sarah x

Make sure you have no other distractions while doing the course,
there are far more assignments and other paper work than you could ever imagine for a short course,
your not kidding, you will sure have to use your brain for this course,
good luck with it hun :hug:

Thanks Louise...The textbook arrived today...looks like a bit of light bedtime reading, not! Tee hee! I've already warned Hubby and Daughter to sort themselves out for the 10 weeks...take care hun xxx

Hey when I done mine, I chose reflexology on the hand for my micro teach. The group loved it! I recently just done a micro teach on the hair growth cycle to, which went down well Hun x x :)

Thanks Leah,
Thats what I was wondering, because everyone on the course are from a variety of professional backgrounds I wanted to do something that would appeal to everyone when I microteach. Did you enjoy the course?
Sarah xxx

Hey Sarah

yeah I really enjoyed it and the 10 weeks go sooooo quick!! I'm on my Dtlls course now, which is hard going!! The group I was in was made up from males and females and we were all from different professions to. The reflex worked really well as they were all interested, as it was something none of them knew anything about! Two of my friends were on the course and one of them chose file and paint (which didn't really go down to well as the men thought it was silly and didn't want their nails painted), the other made facial masks out of natural ingredients, but she had to make sure she had everything and it was a lot to take into college! x x

Hi Leah,
Thats funny because file & paint and natural masks were my first thought and I'd dismissed them for the same reasons...I was thinking maybe Indian Head, then I wouldn't really have to take too much stuff in and they can do it on each other without having to get undressed etc...
Are you doing any teaching hours on the DTTLS? I'm planning to do the Cert Ed after this and I've hopefully got a place shadowing at a local college (a friend teaches there) whenever I'm ready to get stuck into some real students.
xxx

I think Indian head sounds great! Yeah I have to do 75 hours per year. I think Dtlls is near enough the same as Cert Ed, you will probably need about the same amount of hours. I was really lucky as I managed to get on hourly paid position at a local college. I have nearly been there a year now and I love teaching! Can be quite challenging at times though! lol! Shadowing will be great experience for you, I was thrown in at the deep end but I soon got the hand of it. x x

My friend say's it'd be great if it wasn't for the students, lol. :lol: I am looking forward to it though...good luck with your DTTLS, no doubt I'll be back asking for more advice soon, big hugs xxx

Latest posts

Back