Starting back up waxing help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautyluxexox

Reaction score
I qualified in waxing in 2010 & I haven't really waxed since around 2011. I'm looking to start waxing again but not 100% confident to offer it to my clients. Any advice would be great also a good waxing kit to buy??

I work from home mainly but have recently taken on mobile apps too.

Thanks

Hi, we do refresher training for any skills that you want to brush up on. We are based in Gloucester just by the train station. Check out www.IBHA.co.uk

Hi there!

I have recently just passed in waxing, I recommend the Hive heater and the options wax by hive, you can get the kit all in one go, I have one of those and have also just purchased the roller wax cartridges for when i am mobile - I love it you plug it in and 15 minutes later it's ready, you roll it on and pop the lid back on after no mess!!!

I've been searching videos on YouTube just watching how others do it but I think the only bits that have changed over the years is the kit rather than the technique!

If you tint too the eyebrow wax and tint is a huge hit!!

Good luck X

I do not like the roller wax as they are unhygenic in my opinion as the wax is fed back to the cartridge. Unless you are planning on using a different cartridge for each client and one for different areas (which would not be cost effective), you risk cross contamination.

Agree with welsh heart, I use a new cartilage per client if if there is half left after like a half leg wax etc , I wrote their name on the top in market and bag it for them next time.
You won't believe how happy clients are to see you making an effort like that. And honestly how much cheaper is it? Not much plus less likely chance of cross contamination and your client having a reaction!

I have been using wax cartridges for 13 years ... The cartridge is designed so the wax does not re-enter the cartridge. It's quick, hygienic. and delivers the correct amount of wax every time. After each client the head is sanitised ready for the next treatment.

Latest posts

Back