Starting from the bottom

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rachelleee

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Ive been a long time lurker on the forum but just signed up. (That's my little pupster in my profile lol!)
I've had press-ons, acrylic and gel nails since I was a teen, maybe even a bit too early lol but I was always a girly girl and when I finally decided on a career I chose to become a nail technician. I took a CND course with a lady and got all supplies included in the price and at the end I think I have a diploma somewhere (I dont know if it's legit but I didn't know any better back then but I'm pretty sure it was).
For a little while I was practicing on my mother and my friends because I didn't feel confident enough to work in a salon.

Shortly after... Life got in the way. I became a homemaker and then I was moving from place to place so much that I gave up on my dreams, which I now highly regret. Seriously, it sometimes has me up at night.
So, since it's been a long long time since I've done nails on anyone, except for getting my own done in a salon every 2 weeks.
I want to start from scratch, preferably CND again, to know the basics, client and nail tech safety, the whole enchilada! Then work my way up through the courses until eventually design etc. Literally work myself from the bottom all the way up! I am now more motivated than every before to make something of myself and preferably in my dream job.
Now here's the problem, I currently live in Spain and I see that the basic course on the CND website says that they're all in the USA on the school location finder. None in Europe, let alone Spain! is there such a thing as a certified teacher to teach me? How would you suggest I go about it? Any advice is welcome, even constructive feedback!!
Thank you!! <3

PS. My only insecurity is that I am now 32. Is that too old to revive this dream of mine? Other than that I'm so determined!

Find the CND distributor in Spain and give them a call. They should have regular planned courses but those don’t appear on the us site.

It’s never too late if you are passionate about it

You are definitely not too old! I agree get in touch with CND and ask them. Sweet squared in the UK do CND training courses as well if you google them x

Thank you so much @asteropi & @FlawlessBeauty ! For your advice and encouraging words!! I’m definitely going to call the CND distributor in my city and see what they say! Thanks again! xx

Please!!! I trained as a beauty therapist at 37 and at the age of 53 I’m entering my fifth year of my own salon. Never too late x

Please!!! I trained as a beauty therapist at 37 and at the age of 53 I’m entering my fifth year of my own salon. Never too late x

@squidgernetball thank you for telling me this!! I had a couple of naysayers but you have just squashed my insecurities!!! Thank you so much!!

@squidgernetball thank you for telling me this!! I had a couple of naysayers but you have just squashed my insecurities!!! Thank you so much!!
I honestly believe there's a place for all ages of therapists. I went back to college last year at 48 to complete my level 3 after a long break and was also worried but I thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience. I proved you are definitely never too old to learn! Also, Most my clients are aged between late 30's to late 50's which suits me and them. My daughter is 17 and doing level 3 this year and has mainly clients in their late teens to 20's, which works well for her. At 32 I think you're the perfect age to attract clients if all ages! Go for it!

Thanks everyone!! <3 <3

Latest posts

Back