Starting out advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louem

Reaction score
hi geeks, am currently doing a level 2 nvq in nail technology and i am really wanting to work in a salon, do yo geeks think i should wait till i complete the course or look now? also can anyone advise me how i go about asking a salon as there is no salons advertising? any advice will be great xx

Hey!! I think you should ask around maybe someone will let you work at their salon what I did back when I was doing my course I just went into all the salons and asked if they are looking for any nail techs, of they say yes you can explain your situation and maybe you could even sit in and see how they do it you can pick up a lot of things by doing that and its a start :)

hi geeks, am currently doing a level 2 nvq in nail technology and i am really wanting to work in a salon, do yo geeks think i should wait till i complete the course or look now? also can anyone advise me how i go about asking a salon as there is no salons advertising? any advice will be great xx

Never mind that nowhere is advertising - it won't come to you - go and knock on some doors, introduce yourself, explain what it is you are doing and ask if they have any spare space they could rent to you once you are qualified

good luck

Thank you I think I will. Am nervous doing it tho incase they say no but am very exited starting out and want to get in straight away xx

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back