Starting out advice?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paige37

Reaction score
Hello all!
I’m brand new to the site and the industry and in desperate need of some advice.
I’ve always been interested in pursuing beauty therapies as a career but was always convinced otherwise by parents/partner etc due to finances. It’s now got to the point I’ve had several jobs, mid 20’s and I can’t seem to find satisfaction with the norm of office life or retail. So I’ve been giving training in beauty therapy some serious thought.
I’ve done lots of research via google but I’m a bit confused...
Do you need an NVQ to work as an insured professional at Home or in a salon or can you participate in individual courses (such as LVL lashes) privately and build these up separately over time only in the areas you are interested in and work as a qualified, insured professional this way?
I don’t want to go to college because I need to still work full time to pay outgoings but I’d love to train in several aspects of beauty therapy like lashes, extensions, brows, waxing, nails etc and maybe even have my own salon one day.
Bristol based and as much advice as you can give me will be so appreciated!!!
X

Hi Paige

I'm new to this all as well and in a very similar situation!
You can do various courses and get insurance that will cover you to go mobile, just make sure that the courses you are doing are accredited :) I've completed an eyelash extension and hair extension course so far ! Also I am doing hairdressing at college in the evenings part time which is a good option if you work

Amy x

Latest posts

Back