Starting out all over.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

celtica

Reaction score
Hello all, I am new to the site and have been following the threads for a little while but this is my first thread. I have recently been finished up from my last salon after 15 years there. A bit of a blow to say the least. Long story so I wont go into it now. Any way it has forced me to start out on my own and I hope all turns out well. I have converted a spare room into a small salon/therapy room and I am desperately trying to build up a client base. I am a bit apprehensive after such a long time with the support of a team. That's why I am glad to have found this site, the advice and help everyone gives is great and I am sure I will be availing myself to you all at some point. I have got my self a facebook page and am working on my web site but I need to get people asap. I know it takes time to build up but does any one have any advice that may help give me a kick start. Thank you for reading.

Hi!
best of luck with your new business!
there are lots of threads about advertising etc in the Biz geek forum on here, lots e.g olts of free websites you could advertise from.

Also, if you were thinking of a leaflet drop in your area, I would def drop them off Sat or sunday morning then people are most likely to be at home- if you drop them off during the week- they will get gathered up with all the junk mail, free newspapers etc.!
hth
x

Also, if you were thinking of a leaflet drop in your area, I would def drop them off Sat or sunday morning then people are most likely to be at home- if you drop them off during the week- they will get gathered up with all the junk mail, free newspapers etc.!
hth
x
Thank you for your reply. I had thought of leaflet drop but did dismiss it as a lot of people said it is a waste of time paper and ink but I like your idea of doing at the weekend mornings I think that's a good as I know if I hear the letter box of a weekend I take more notice of what it is. x

Latest posts

Back