Starting out finally!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KDmakeup

Reaction score
I have been at college full time for 3 years, first 2 for my beauty therapy qualification and the 3rd for make-up artistry. I am now fully qualified but as I do not have a lot of actual experience in the industry I do not feel totally comfortable getting myself into a job. I have signed up to be a volunteer beauty therapist and make-up artist at my local hospice. I felt that if I did this and worked at it for a few months(until about July) it would give me experience which would help me get onto the industry, be great on my CV and it would really be helping patients out. I am hoping to get into full time employment after getting some experience but not having a full time job atm does dishearten me a little. The thought of working at the hospice does help me think that there is some light at the end of the tunnel. Does this sound like a good way to get experience? If not what should I be doing just now? I work part time in a non beauty related industry and do homers .

Hi there, well done on completing your qualifications :) on reading your post I think you've made a brilliant step in the right direction. It's so hard once you qualify to gain a good job and get the experience, this shows your passion for the industry to push through. A suggestion to make is call your local salons in your area and see if they've for any weekend or part time jobs? As your qualified and could earn a little whilst gaining your confidence. I wish you all the luck in your career. All the best xx

Latest posts

Back